Before integrating ServiceNow in Event Management mode, see the ServiceNow Prerequisites and review the information in Mapping Barracuda RMM ticket severity to ServiceNow event severity in Event Management Mode below.
To integrate ServiceNow in Event Management mode, you must perform the following procedures, below:
- To integrate ServiceNow in Event Management mode
- To manually populate the VAR information table
Mapping Barracuda RMM ticket severity to ServiceNow event severity in Event Management Mode
When configuring the integration, the step of mapping Barracuda RMM ticket fields is slightly different for Ticket to Incident mode and Event Management mode.
In Event Management mode, Barracuda RMM ticket severity is mapped to ServiceNow event severity.
The recommended mappings are in the table below. The recommended mappings are set up in the wizard by default. While you can change these mappings if required, it is not recommended.
Recommended Field Mappings: Event Management Mode
|Barracuda RMM Ticket Severity||ServiceNow Event Severity|
To integrate ServiceNow in Event Management mode
You can click the Save button at any time in this procedure to save your configuration and exit the configuration process.
Before configuring the integration, ensure you have done the following:
- Fulfilled all the prerequisites. See ServiceNow Prerequisites.
- Installed the ServiceNow Service Desk module. See To install the ServiceNow Service Desk Module in Installing the ServiceNow Service Desk Module.
- Generated or imported the Import Set Data Source table. See The Import Set Data Source Table Schema.
- In Service Center, click Configuration > Integrations > Service PSA Integrations.
- Click the ServiceNow Service Desk Module link.
- On the Web Service Credentials page, do the following:
- Type a Name to display for your integration.
- In REST Endpoint, type the URL of your ServiceNow instance.
- Type the ServiceNow User Name.
- Select Event Management.
- Optionally, type a description.
- Optionally, select Require password re-entry to configure this service desk module.
- Click Next.
On the Fields Mapping page, click Next.
- On the Asset Synchronization Options page, do the following:
- In the Import Set Table Name field, accept the default name or type your own..
- Type the desired Batch Size.
- Click Next.
On the Asset Synchronization Schedule page, type the time when the daily synchronization starts. You can also click the clock icon to select from a list of start times.
- Click Next.
- Optionally, to integrate all tickets with ServiceNow, on the Ticketing Options page, select the All tickets check box.
- Optionally, on the Ticketing Options page, to select site-based (instead of device-based) tickets, click the plus button next to All site-based tickets to expand the options, then select any of the following check boxes:
- Manual tickets
- Site not communicating tickets
- Loss of monitoring protocol tickets
- New device tickets
- Optionally, on the Ticketing Options page, to select all website-based tickets, select All website-based tickets.
- Optionally, on the Ticketing Options page, to select tickets based on device, click the plus button next to All device-based tickets to expand the options, then do any of the following:
- Select the Device level monitor tickets check box.
- To include monitoring policy tickets, select All monitoring policies or Filtered monitoring policies. If you select Filtered monitoring policies, click Add, select the monitoring policies, then click Apply.
- To include service tickets, select All services or Filtered services. If you select Filtered services, click Add, select the services to filter on, and then Apply.
- Click Save.
- Proceed to the To manually populate the VAR information table procedure in Configuring the REST API Endpoint.