This article refers to the Barracuda Message Archiver firmware 5.2 or higher, and the Barracuda Archive Search for Outlook version 5.2 or higher. Barracuda Archive Search for Outlook supports Outlook versions 2013, 2016, 2019, 2021, and Outlook for Microsoft 365.
Note the following are not supported by Archive Search for Outlook:
- Outlook for Mac versions
- New version of Windows Mail, Outlook for Windows
In addition to allowing search and retrieval of Outlook mail stored on the Barracuda Message Archiver, Archive Search for Outlook allows you to create a local copy of all of your archived emails on your workstation. Once downloaded to that workstation, archived emails are represented as a store within Outlook. This allows you to synchronize your folder structure and old emails locally using the Archive Search for Outlook Sync Archive Stores feature.
Add Archive Stores
Use the following steps to create local mailstores:
Log in to Outlook, go to File > Barracuda Networks, and click Configure:
Options dialog box displays:
The Archive Stores section lists synchronized Barracuda Message Archive Stores (mailboxes). Click Add:
The Archive Stores to which you have access display. Click on the store you want to add:
- Click OK to add the selected store.
- If this is a mailbox store, once you select the store for syncing, the Mailbox Sync Options dialog box displays:
- Click Sync everything to synchronize all items in the selected store, or
- Click Sync a range of items and enter the range of days in the From and to fields.
- Click OK to save your settings. To modify the mailbox sync options, click on the store name, and click Options.
Folder and Email Synchronization
Store synchronization occurs when either the user clicks the Sync Archive Stores ( ) icon, after nightly synchronization jobs are complete, or shortly after Outlook is started. When items are syncing to the workstation, a system tray icon displays until synchronization is complete. When synchronization is successful and is scheduled, there is no notification and no further action is needed. However, if a problem is encountered, or if the user clicks the Sync Archive Stores ( ) icon on the toolbar, a tooltip displays additional information.