This article refers to Barracuda Message Archiver Legacy Release firmware or higher.
Once you execute an Advanced Search, you can save and name the search for re-execution at a later time. A list of all such Saved Searches and their definitions are available on the BASIC > Search page in the Saved Searches tab, and the search can be performed from this tab.
Any changes to a Saved Search must be done from the Advanced Search page by running the Search in question, making the desired changes, and saving the new criteria. Use a new name to create a new Saved Search, or use the existing name to overwrite the previous set of search criteria.
To receive an alert via email when a message that fits the parameters of a Saved Search is received by the Barracuda Message Archiver, Policy Alerts are required.
Setting Up a Saved Search
- Log into the Barracuda Message Archiver.
- Go to the BASIC > Search page, and in the Standard tab, click Advanced.
- Enter the desired search criteria, and click Save Search.
- Enter the Search Name, and click OK.
- Click the Saved Searches tab; in this page you can:
- Click Search in the Actions column for a Saved Search to immediately run the search.
- Click Delete to remove a Saved Search.
- Click Apply/Remove Litigation Hold to apply or remove a litigation hold for the Saved Search.
Setting Up a Saved Search Retention Policy
- Go to the POLICY > Retention page, and enter the Saved Search Retention Policy details:
- Enter a name for the policy you are creating in the policy Name field.
- In the Saved Search field, select the name of the saved search to use for this retention policy.
- In the Policy Length field, enter the number of days to retain archived messages that match the Saved Search criteria.