This article refers to the Barracuda Message Archiver firmware version 5.0 or higher.
If your Barracuda Message Archiver experiences a serious issue that impacts its core functionality, you can use diagnostic and recovery tools available at the reboot menu to return your system to an operational state.
Before using the diagnostic and recovery tools, do the following:
- Use the built-in troubleshooting tools on the ADVANCED > Troubleshooting page to help diagnose the problem.
- Perform a system restore from the last known good backup file.
- Contact Barracuda Networks Technical Support for additional troubleshooting tips.
As a last resort, you can reboot your Barracuda Message Archiver and run a memory test or perform a complete system recovery, as described below.
To perform a system recovery or hardware test:
- Connect a monitor and keyboard directly to your Barracuda Message Archiver.
- Reboot the system by doing one of the following:
- Click Restart on the BASIC > Administration page.
- Press the Power button on the front panel to turn off the system, and then press the Power button again to turn the system back on.
- The Barracuda splash screen displays with the following three boot options:
- Use your keyboard to select the desired boot option, and press Enter.
|Barracuda||Starts the Barracuda Message Archiver in the normal (default) mode. This option is automatically selected if no other option is specified within the first three (3) seconds of the splash screen appearing.|
|Recovery||Displays the Recovery Console where you can select from the following options:|
|Hardware_Test||Performs a thorough memory test that shows most memory-related errors within a two-hour time period. The memory test is performed outside of the operating system and can take a long time to complete.|
Reboot your Barracuda Message Archiver to stop the hardware test by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del.