This article refers to Barracuda Message Archiver Legacy Release firmware or higher.
Before configuring the IP address and network settings, complete Step 1 - How to Install a Barracuda Message Archiver.
Watch this short video for a sample configuration setup:
Configure the IP Address and Network Settings
The Barracuda Message Archiver is assigned a default IP address of 192.168.200.200.
To set a new IP address from the administrative console:
- Connect your keyboard and monitor directly to the Barracuda Message Archiver.
- At the Barracuda login prompt, enter the login credentials admin / admin. The User Confirmation Requested window displays the current IP configuration of the Barracuda Message Archiver.
- Using your Tab key, select Change and press Enter to change the IP configuration.
- Enter the new IP address, netmask, and default gateway for your Barracuda Message Archiver.
- Enter the IP address of your primary and secondary DNS servers.
- Click Save to enter your changes, and then click Exit to apply the new IP address and network settings to your Barracuda Message Archiver.
Configure Your Corporate Firewall
If your Barracuda Message Archiver is located behind a corporate firewall, refer to the following table for the ports that must be opened on your corporate firewall to allow communication between the Barracuda Message Archiver, your email server, and the Internet:
|22||Out||TCP||Remote diagnostics and technical support services; see also Required Outbound Connections for Barracuda Appliances.|
|25 (optional) (1)||In/Out||TCP||Email notifications and alerts|
|53||Out||TCP/UDP||Domain Name Server (DNS)|
Firmware and Energize updates (unless configured to use a proxy)
|123||In/Out||UDP||Network Time Protocol (NTP)|
|443||Out||TCP||Firmware and Energize updates (unless configured to use a proxy)|
For remote access over SSL (https) to the Barracuda Message Archiver; see Enabling SSL for Administrators and Users.
Web and add-in access to the Barracuda Message Archiver
(2) Whenever your Barracuda Message Archiver IP address is changed on the Basic > IP Configuration page, you are disconnected from the administration interface. You must log in again using the new IP address.
The port specified as the Web Interface Port must be configured on your corporate firewall to allow traffic to the Barracuda Message Archiver if you want to allow remote users to use either the web interface or the Barracuda Archive Search for Outlook.
Barracuda does not recommend restricting outbound requests from the Barracuda Message Archiver by destination. Barracuda appliances require outbound connections to the Barracuda cloud, AWS, Azure, and other cloud service providers in order to provide service. Outbound filtering will restrict the functionality of the Barracuda Message Archiver.
Continue with Step 3 - How to Configure the Web Interface.