This article refers to Barracuda Message Archiver firmware 5.1.1 or higher.
To restore a backup file:
- Go to the ADVANCED > Backups page, and scroll to the Restore Backups section.
From the Restore From drop-down menu, select from the configured backup destinations:
- Barracuda Cloud
- FTP / FTPS server
- SMB share
- Local system
- Click Browse to navigate to the configuration backup file location.
- Select whether to Show All Backups for file selection:
- Yes – When selected, all backups on the selected server, including any from other Barracuda Message Archivers in your organization, display for selection.
- No – When selected, only backups for the Barracuda Message Archivers you are currently logged into display.
- Select the configuration file, and click Upload; a confirmation screen displays a list of items in the backup file that are to be restored.
- Click Apply Now to begin the restoration.
Restore to a New Barracuda Message Archiver
If you are restoring a backup file onto a new Barracuda Message Archiver that is not yet configured, you must assign your new system an IP address and DNS information on the BASIC > IP Configuration page.