This article refers to the Barracuda Message Archiver version 5.0 or higher.
The Audit Log is available only to the admin role.
The Advanced > Audit Log page displays a list of all activities, including search-related activities initiated by the system. In this view you can browse through the list, or perform a search to filter on a subset of activities. You can filter by start/end dates, user name, and item type. Click on an activity to display the activity details in the Details pane.
Search Audit Log
Use the following steps to search the Audit Log:
- Log in to the web interface, and go to the Advanced > Audit Log page. By default, all audit log records display.
- Enter the desired search criteria, and then click Search.
- The results pane displays those items matching the entered criteria. Information displayed for each record includes:
- Date – When the action occurred and was logged in the Audit Log.
- User – Which user performed this action. Some actions are performed automatically, not actively by a specific user, displaying as user System.
- Type – What type of action this record is for.
- Detail – Many audit log records contain information in addition to the date, user, and type. In some cases, a useful piece of this additional information is displayed in the Detail column, for instance to narrow down a broad action type.
- To view additional information, click on an item. Details display in the right pane.
Audit Log Tools and Options
The Audit Log includes the following tools and options:
- Page Navigation – Click on the navigation arrows or type a number in the Page field to move through the Audit Log.
- Refresh () Icon – Click the icon to update the page.
- Export – Click Export, enter an email address to which to send a .csv file containing the selected audit logs in the dialog box, and click OK. Once the report generates, it is sent to the specified email address.
- Tools – Click to select the number of items to display per page and to specify the Details Pane location.