This article refers to the Barracuda Message Archiver firmware version 5.0 or higher.
Policy Alerts are notifications that go out either daily, weekly or hourly and include any policy violations found from the built in policies or any saved search policies that have been created. See Saved Searches and Litigation Holds - Auditor for more information.
Use the following steps to create a new custom Policy Alert:
- Log in to the Barracuda Message Archiver as an auditor, go to the BASIC > Search page, and click Advanced.
- Enter the criteria for the policy. Click the + symbol to add additional search parameters, and click AND/OR to further clarify the search criteria.
- Click Search to execute the search and verify the results. Click Save Search, enter a saved search name, and then click OK.
- Go to the POLICY > Alerts page. Enter the Policy Name, and select Saved Search from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your email address to receive email alerts when a message meeting the Saved Search criteria is detected, and select the Alert Frequency.
- If you want the policy to display in the Policy Statistics section on the BASIC > Status page, turn on Dashboard.
- Click Add.