This article refers to the Barracuda Message Archiver firmware version 5.0 or higher.
Once you have designed a search from the Advanced Search page that locates the desired messages, you can save and name the search for re-execution at a later time. A list of all such Saved Searches and their definitions are available on the POLICY > Alerts page and each one can be performed from that page as well as the Advanced Search page.
Any changes to a Saved Search must be done from the Advanced Search page by running the Search in question, making the desired changes, and saving the new criteria. Use a new name to create a new Saved Search, or use the existing name to overwrite the previous set of search criteria.
To receive an alert via email when a message that fits the parameters of a Saved Search is received by the Barracuda Message Archiver, Policy Alerts are required.
You can create Litigation Holds to prevent messages that meet the criteria for a specific Saved Search from being removed from the Barracuda Message Archiver.
To add a Litigation Hold,
- Log into the Barracuda Message Archiver as an auditor, go to the BASIC > Search page, and click the Standard tab.
- Click Advanced, enter your search criteria, and click Search.
- When the search results return, click Save Search, enter the Search Name, and click OK.
- Click the Saved Searches tab, and in the Actions column for the selected Saved Search, click Apply Litigation Hold.
- In the Apply Litigation Hold dialog, specify the Hold End Date as either:
- Indefinite – Content that matches the Saved Search is retained until the Litigation Hold is cancelled
- Specific Date – Enter the expiration date