This article refers to the Barracuda Message Archiver firmware version 5.0 and higher, and the MailEnable Mail Server, Standard, Professional, or Enterprise Edition.
You can configure a global message content filter using the MailEnable Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) to forward a copy of all incoming and outgoing messages to your Barracuda Message Archiver IP address.
Set Up MailEnable Standard Edition
Use the following steps to enable the MTA pickup event:
- Download MESNOOP.ZIP from the MailEnable website: http://www.mailenable.com/utilities/addons/MESNOOP.zip
- Extract the files, and copy MSNOOP.EXE to the following directory:
C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Bin directory
- Double-click the file, and click Run. The MailEnable Message Snoop Utility opens.
- In the Filtering section, turn on Copy All Mail, and enter the Barracuda Message Archiver IP address in the associated field.
- Click OK to save your settings. The MTA pickup event begins archiving mail to the Barracuda Message Archiver IP Address.
Set up MailEnable Professional or Enterprise Edition
Use the following steps to set up mail archival to the Barracuda Message Archiver:
Log in to the MailEnable administration console, expand Messaging Manager, right-click Filters, and click New > New filter.
- Turn on Filter is enabled, and enter the name Archive all messages. Save the filter.
- In the right-pane, double-click the new filter; the Filter Management window displays.
- Scroll down to and double-click the criteria All messages - Process filter actions for all messages; the Properties window displays.
- Turn on Enable, and then click OK.
- In the Filter Management window, click Add Action; the Actions list displays. Locate and double-click Forward to address; the Properties window displays.
- In the forwarding address field, enter the Barracuda Message Archiver IP address in the associated field, and then click OK.