This article refers to Barracuda Message Archiver Legacy Release firmware or higher, on models 450 and higher.
Federated search allows search across multiple connected Barracuda Message Archivers or Barracuda Cloud from a single search query allowing you to compare all data across all connected Barracuda Message Archivers in your network rather than searching individual systems. When you run a search query, all content available on each system in the connection or Barracuda Cloud is searched, and the result is returned in the search query display.
You can query all export and forwarding tasks from all Federated systems in the BASIC > Search > Tasks page of any appliance connected through the Federated Search section in the ADVANCED > Clustering page.
Enable Federated Search
Use the following steps to connect systems to search across multiple connected systems:
- Log in to a Barracuda Message Archiver in your network, and go to the ADVANCED > Clustering page.
- In the Federated Search section, click Connect Archiver.
- In the Connect Archiver dialog box, enter the Hostname and Admin Password of the Barracuda Message Archiver to which you want to connect, and then click OK.
- Click Save. The connection details display in the table. The two systems are automatically connected, and the connection is now bi-directional.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 to add additional systems for Federated Search. Note that you only need to add a new system to one of the Barracuda Message Archiver's connected for Federated Search.
Disable Federated Search
You can remove a specific Barracuda Message Archiver from all Federated connections, or you can select to remove the connection between the Barracuda Message Archiver you are currently logged into and a specific system in the connection.
Use the following steps to remove the current Barracuda Message Archiver from all Federated search connections:
- Log in to the Barracuda Message Archivers, and go to the ADVANCED > Clustering page.
- In the Federated Search section, click Remove to the right of the current system (labeled This archiver), and then click Save. The current Barracuda Message Archiver is automatically removed from the Federated search connection.
Use the following steps to disconnect a specific Barracuda Message Archiver from a Federated search connection:
- Log in to one of the Federated Barracuda Message Archivers, and go to the ADVANCED > Clustering page.
- In the Federated Search section, Click Remove to the right of the system you want to remove from the connection, and then click Save.
- The selected system is removed from the connection; all other systems in the Federated search connection are unaffected.
Federated Search Time Zone
When a search is run, all Federated systems included in the search use the time zone of the local browser. If you want to specify a different time zone, you can add a date offset to an Advanced > Date search from the BASIC > Search page. For example, to add a GMT offset, enter the date in the form:
When a search is saved, the local browser's time zone is saved with the search so that when the search is loaded from another location, the original time zone from when the search was saved is used.