This article refers to the Barracuda Message Archiver firmware version 5.0 and higher running on Barracuda Message Archiver model 450 and higher. The mirrored systems must be the same model and run the same firmware version, but need not reside in the same location or network. Each Barracuda Message Archiver must function independently and accept and archive messages before it can be mirrored to another system.
Update Firmware Across Systems in a Mirrored Configuration
Complete the following steps to update the firmware version on each system in a mirrored configuration:
- Log into the first system, and from the ADVANCED > Clustering page, verify that the systems in the mirror configuration display online (all green indicators) in the Clustered Systems table.
- From the ADVANCED > Backup page, create a backup of the system configuration.
From the ADVANCED > Firmware Update page, download the firmware version onto each system.
- Complete steps 1 through 3 for each system in the mirrored configuration.
- Apply the firmware on the first system. After the update is complete and the system reboots, verify that the firmware has been applied successfully and that the unit is operating as expected.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each remaining system in the mirrored configuration.
Update Energize Updates
Energize Updates (for both firmware and definitions) do not synchronize across the Barracuda Message Archivers in the mirrored configuration. You must update each system in the mirrored configuration individually from the ADVANCED > Energize Updates page, or update via Barracuda Cloud Control.