This article refers to Barracuda Message Archiver version 5.0 or higher.
Cloud Storage allows you to rotate or mirror data from the Barracuda Message Archiver to Barracuda Cloud. Once you link your Barracuda Message Archiver to a Barracuda Cloud Control account, you can mirror all new and existing mail and then search, export, or forward that mail from both the Barracuda Message Archiver web interface and from Barracuda Cloud Control. Define Cloud Storage on the Advanced > Cloud Storage page in the web interface.
Barracuda Cloud Storage Security
The Barracuda Message Archiver is deployed behind the customer’s corporate firewall and is protected by the same security measures that the customer uses to protect their primary data sources. All data transferred to and stored in the Barracuda Cloud is encrypted using AES 256-bit encryption. Data replicated to Barracuda Cloud Storage is stored in two geographically independent locations to insure complete protection from regional disasters.
Mirror in Cloud Storage
Select Mirror in the Cloud Storage section on the Advanced > Cloud Storage page to copy all new messages, including folder data, to Barracuda Cloud. When a Barracuda Message Archiver is mirrored to Barracuda Cloud, you can create retention policies that remove mail from the system after a specified number of days, and whether to keep or remove mail from Barracuda Cloud after a specified number of days. For example:
- Remove from Barracuda Message Archiver after 45 days and keep on Barracuda Cloud forever
- Remove from Barracuda Message Archiver after 45 days and keep on Barracuda Cloud for an additional 45 days
- Keep on Barracuda Cloud forever; this is similar to not allowing automatic message deletion on the appliance
Note that the wizard for creating retention policies is dynamic and based on the selected Cloud Mode defined on the Advanced > Cloud Storage on the Barracuda Message Archiver.
Rotate to Barracuda Cloud
You can create saved search rotation policies to remove mail from the Barracuda Message Archiver after a specified time period or rotate content to Barracuda Cloud, and select whether to store mail forever in the cloud, or to remove it after an additional number of days. Select Rotate in the Cloud Storage section on the Advanced > Cloud Storage page to send messages to Barracuda Cloud based on the retention policies defined on the Policy > Retention page. When you add a retention policy based on a saved search, specify retention and rotation:
- Rotate to Barracuda Cloud after 30 days and remove from the Barracuda Cloud after an additional 60 days, this means the mail is kept for a total of 90 days
- Remove mail from Barracuda Message Archiver after 30 days, keep on Barracuda Cloud forever
- Keep on Barracuda Message Archiver forever; this is similar to not allowing automatic message deletion on the appliance
If your on-premise Barracuda Message Archiver goes offline, the administrator can access the emails stored in the cloud by logging in to https://login.barracudanetworks.com/ using the account that the cloud storage is connected to.