This article refers to the Barracuda Message Archiver version 5.0 and higher, and the Zimbra® Mail Server.
Use the following steps to configure Zimbra Mail Server for journaling to the Barracuda Message Archiver:
Step 1. Configure Zimbra
Use the following steps to configure Zimbra Mail Server for Journaling.
- On the system running Zimbra, add the following line to the /etc/hosts file, replacing 127.0.0.1 with the IP address of your barracuda Message Archiver:
- On the Zimbra Server, telnet to barracuda.company.com on port 25 to verify there is a clear line of connectivity between the two systems.
- On the Zimbra Server, type the following command, replacing company.com with the domain name of your company:
zmarchiveconfig enable <firstname.lastname@example.org> archive-address email@example.com archive-create false
Step 2. Set up the Port Zimbra is bound to for Milters
Execute the following command as the Zimbra user to verify and change the port that Zimbra is bound to for milters:
zimbra@server:~$ zmprov gs server.example.com zimbraMilterBindPort #### (Shows the current port)
zimbra@server:~$ zmprov ms server.example.com zimbraMilterBindAddress 192.168.0.22 #### (replace 192.168.0.22 with ip address of Archiver server)
zimbra@server:~$ zmprov ms server.example.com zimbraMilterBindPort 8092 #### (Set the port to 8092)
zimbra@server:~$ zmmtactl restart #### (Reread the configuration)
- Log in to the Zimbra Admin Console.
- Go to Server Settings > MTA.
- Turn on Enable milter server, and enter the IP address of the mail server in the associated field.
If step 2 is successful, your deployment is complete. However, is step 2 is unsuccessful, you may have a version of Zimbra that does not embed a version of postfix that includes support for sendmail milters. In that case, complete the following steps:
- Add the following to the main.cf file:
#vim /opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/main.cf ... ... sender_bcc_maps = hash:/opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/sender_bcc
Add the following to the /opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/sender_bcc file:
#vim /opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/sender_bcc @company.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- From Zimbra MTA, run telenet barracuda.company.com 25; 220 EHLO should display.
- Use the following command to restart Zimbra:
#service zimbra restart
You may need to update your hosts file to point barracuda.company.com to your Barracuda Message Archiver IP address.