This article refers to the Barracuda Message Archiver version 5.0 and higher, and the Zimbra® Mail Server.
Use the following steps to configure Zimbra Mail Server for journaling to the Barracuda Message Archiver:
Step 1. Configure Zimbra
Use the following steps to configure Zimbra Mail Server for Journaling.
- On the system running Zimbra, add the following line to the /etc/hosts file, replacing 127.0.0.1 with the IP address of your barracuda Message Archiver:
- On the Zimbra Server, telnet to barracuda.company.com on port 25 to verify there is a clear line of connectivity between the two systems.
- On the Zimbra Server, type the following command, replacing company.com with the domain name of your company:
zmarchiveconfig enable <email@example.com> archive-address firstname.lastname@example.org archive-create false
Step 2. Set up the Port Zimbra is bound to for Milters
- Execute the following command as the Zimbra user to verify and change the port that Zimbra is bound to for milters:
zimbra@server:~$ zmprov gs server.example.com zimbraMilterBindPort #### (Shows the current port)
zimbra@server:~$ zmprov ms server.example.com zimbraMilterBindAddress 192.168.0.22 #### (replace 192.168.0.22 with ip address of Archiver server)
zimbra@server:~$ zmprov ms server.example.com zimbraMilterBindPort 8092 #### (Set the port to 8092)
zimbra@server:~$ zmmtactl restart #### (Reread the configuration)
- Log in to the Zimbra Admin Console.
- Go to Server Settings > MTA.
- Turn on Enable milter server, and enter the IP address of the mail server in the associated field.
If step 2 is successful, your deployment is complete. However, is step 2 is unsuccessful, you may have a version of Zimbra that does not embed a version of postfix that includes support for sendmail milters. In that case, complete the following steps:
- Add the following to the main.cf file:
#vim /opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/main.cf ... ... sender_bcc_maps = hash:/opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/sender_bcc
Add the following to the /opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/sender_bcc file:
#vim /opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/sender_bcc @company.com email@example.com
- From Zimbra MTA, run telenet barracuda.company.com 25; 220 EHLO should display.
- Use the following command to restart Zimbra:
#service zimbra restart
You may need to update your hosts file to point barracuda.company.com to your Barracuda Message Archiver IP address.