This article refers to Barracuda Message Archiver version 5.0 or higher.
Cloud Storage allows you to rotate or mirror data from the Barracuda Message Archiver to the Barracuda Cloud.
- You must have a Cloud Storage Subscription available from Barracuda Customer Services.
- If the appliance is located behind a corporate firewall, you may need to open the following ports to allow communication between the appliance and Barracuda Networks:
- Ports 80/443 and 1194 outbound for both TCP and UDP are required for communication
- Ports 5120-5129 are used to replicate data to Barracuda Cloud Storage; contact Barracuda Technical Support to restrict outbound network traffic on these ports to only reach Barracuda Networks
Link to Cloud Control
Use the following steps to link your Barracuda Message Archiver to a Barracuda Cloud Control account:
- Log in to the Barracuda Message Archiver web interface, and go to Advanced > Cloud Storage:
Click Connect to Cloud Storage; the Login page displays:
- Enter your Barracuda Cloud Control account credentials, and click Sign In.
In the Location page, enter the City, State, and Country where your mail server is hosted; your account can link to only one location. The first Barracuda Message Archiver appliance you link determines the datacenter that all appliances on your account will use. For example, if you select Canada as your country, your appliances use the datacenter in Canada:
- Click Next. In the View Summary page, click Activate to link your Barracuda Message Archiver to the Barracuda Cloud Control account.
The Advanced > Cloud Storage page refreshes and displays the Cloud Storage options. You can either Mirror or Rotate messages to the cloud; see Understanding Cloud Storage to determine which option best suits your organization's needs:
Messages are moved to Cloud Storage based on retention policies you set in the Policy > Retention page.
In the Rate Control section, specify the data replication rate to Barracuda Cloud Control.
- As messages are sent to Cloud Storage, related statistics display on the Basic > Dashboard page:
- Optionally, you can log in to Barracuda Cloud Control, and go to the Barracuda Message Archiver section to view the current count of content that has been sent to the cloud: