This article refers to Barracuda Message Archiver version 5.0 or higher.
Cloud Storage allows you to mirror data from the Barracuda Message Archiver to the Barracuda Cloud.
- You must have a Cloud Storage Subscription available from Barracuda Customer Services.
- If the appliance is located behind a corporate firewall, you may need to open the following ports to allow communication between the appliance and Barracuda Networks:
- Ports 80/443 and 1194 outbound for both TCP and UDP are required for communication
- Ports 5120-5129 are used to replicate data to Barracuda Cloud Storage; contact Barracuda Technical Support to restrict outbound network traffic on these ports to only reach Barracuda Networks.
- For more information, see also Required Outbound Connections for Barracuda Appliances.
- Contact Barracuda Technical Support prior to linking your Barracuda Message Archiver appliance to Cloud Storage to confirm your appliance has a cloud compatible index. This will ensure that there are no data duplication or other issues.
Link to Cloud Control
Use the following steps to link your Barracuda Message Archiver to a Barracuda Cloud Control account:
- Log into the Barracuda Message Archiver web interface, and go to Advanced > Cloud Storage:
Click Connect to Cloud Storage; the Login page displays:
- Enter your Barracuda Cloud Control account credentials, and click Sign In.
In the Location page, enter the City, State, and Country where your mail server is hosted; your account can link to only one location. The first Barracuda Message Archiver appliance you link determines the data center that all appliances on your account will use. For example, if you select Canada as your country, your appliances use the data center in Canada:
- Click Next. In the View Summary page, click Activate to link your Barracuda Message Archiver to the Barracuda Cloud Control account.
The Advanced > Cloud Storage page refreshes and displays the Cloud Storage options. You can Mirror messages to the cloud; see Understanding Cloud Storage for more information.
In the Rate Control section, specify the data replication rate to Barracuda Cloud Control.
- As messages are sent to Cloud Storage, related statistics display on the Basic > Dashboard page:
- Optionally, you can log into Barracuda Cloud Control, and go to the Barracuda Message Archiver section to view the current count of content that has been sent to the cloud: