This article refers to the Barracuda Message Archiver version 5.0 and higher and Barracuda PST Enterprise.
Use Barracuda PST Enterprise to control email data stored by end-users in individual PST files and those scattered across the organization.
In this article:
Step 1. Install and Set Up Barracuda PST Enterprise
Use the following steps to set up Barracuda PST Enterprise with Barracuda Message Archiver:
- On the server designated to host the PST Enterprise website, run the pre-installation package PSTEnterprisePreInstall
.exe as admin.
- This process creates the required user and group and, if necessary, installs the database engine. Note that you may be alerted to any prerequisites that are not installed.
- The PST Enterprise - Prerequisites screen displays all Windows features required to install PST Enterprise. If any of the prerequisites return as False, click PST Enterprise Preinstallation tests and follow the onscreen instructions, otherwise, click Next:
- Follow the onscreen instructions. When the PST Enterprise - Accounts page, displays, add or create a group for PST Enterprise security:
- Click Next. The SQL Server Configuration page displays:
- Click Next; you will complete the SQL database set up in Step 2. Run PST Enterprise for Message Archiver.
- The PST Enterprise - Completion page displays:
- Click Finish.
Step 2. Run PST Enterprise for Message Archiver
Use the following steps to install Barracuda PST Enterprise for Message Archiver:
- On the server where you ran the pre-Installation package, right-click BarracudaPstEnterpriseForBMA
.exe, and click Run as administrator.
- The Welcome page displays.
- Click Next. In the Select Group and Account page, select the group you set up in Step 1. Install and Set Up Barracuda PST Enterprise:
- Click Next. In the SQL Server Configuration page, select the SQL Server Configuration:
Use a Barracuda configured instance of SQL Server Express – Select this option if you used the pre-installer to install a local SQL server instance.
Use an existing SQL Server – Select this option to select a SQL Server instance on another server. Click Configure to navigate to and select a SQL Server instance on another server to which to connect. Follow the onscreen instructions to configure your settings.
- Click Next, and then click Finish in the Completion page.
Step 3. Install the PST Copy Agent
Use the following steps to install the PST Copy Agent:
- Right-click PSTEnterpriseAgentSetup
.exe and click Run as administrator. The file is located in the directory where PST Enterprise for Message Archiver was installed, for example, C:\Program Files (x86)\Barracuda\PSTEnterprise:
- The Welcome page displays:
- Click Next. The Destination Folder page displays:
- Click Next. The PST Enterprise Agent Configuration page displays:
- Enter the following details:
- Enter the name of the installation server in the PST Enterprise Server field.
- Enter the path to the PST Data file used to hold temporary data when PST files are copied or moved, for example, if the file is located on Local Disk C:
You would enter C:\PST4BMAtmp in the PST Data Location field.
- Enter the UNC path to the target location where PSTs are to be copied and moved in the Target PST Location (UNC) field. For example, \\PST4BMA\PST4BMAshare:
- Click Next, and then click Finish in the Completed page.
Step 4. Configure Barracuda Message Archiver Settings
Use the following steps to configure the PST Copy Agent for the Barracuda Message Archiver:
- Right click the PST Copy Agent, and click Run as administrator. The Configure Agent page displays.
- Turn on Enable processing of BMA policies, and enter the name or IP address of your Barracuda Message Archiver:
- Click Save changes and restart agent.
Step 5. Add Policy Definitions
Use the following steps to add policy definitions in Barracuda PST Enterprise:
Log in to the PST Enterprise for Message Archiver web interface, click the Policy Definitions tab, and click the Add () icon to bring up the Create a New Policy Definition page.
Enter a name to represent the policy and select the policy action, and then select the Agent created in the previous steps:
Step 6. Distribute Login Script
Use the following steps to distribute the login script to all users:
- Log in to the PST Enterprise for Message Archiver web interface, and click View help in the upper right corner.
- To install the client, on each client machine, run the command displayed on the screen:
- Click Close.