This article refers to Barracuda Message Archiver firmware 5.2 and higher, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 and 2016, or Microsoft Office 365.
- How to Launch Barracuda Message Archiver from Microsoft Outlook Web Access (Exchange 2007/2010)
Download the manifest file to add the Barracuda Archive Search for Outlook to your Exchange Server or Office 365. Once enabled, users can search their archives from:
- Outlook 2013 or 2016;
- Outlook 2016 for Mac;
- Outlook Web Access (OWA); and
- Outlook apps for mobile platforms including Windows Phone, iOS devices, and Android devices.
- Microsoft Requirements – Before getting started, review Microsoft's Requirements for running Office Add-ins.
- SSL Certificate – The Barracuda Message Archiver must have a valid SSL certificate, and the certificate must be added to all clients that will be using the application via OWA. The certificate can be self-signed.
Deploy the Manifest
To deploy the manifest file,
- Log in to the Barracuda Message Archiver as the admin or IT admin, and go to the USERS > Client Downloads page.
- Scroll to the Microsoft Exchange section, and in the App Manifest section, click Download Now:
- An XML file is generated and installed, and the manifest is automatically deployed to all user mailboxes.
- Archive search is activated once a user clicks on a message, composes a new message, or clicks on or creates an appointment.
- The Barracuda () icon is added to their app tray, allowing them to search their archived items.
To search archives:
- Open the app tray, and click the Barracuda () icon.
- Click Search Archive; a new browser windows displays, allowing the user to search their archive.