This article refers to the Barracuda Message Archiver firmware 5.2 or higher, and the Barracuda Archive Search for Outlook version 5.2 or higher. Barracuda Archive Search for Outlook supports Outlook versions 2013, 2016, 2019, 2021, and Outlook for Microsoft 365.
Note the following are not supported by Archive Search for Outlook:
- Outlook for Mac versions
- New version of Windows Mail, Outlook for Windows
Archive Stores are either Exchange mailboxes or PST files you have access to in Archive Search for Outlook .
Historical Folder View
When archived folders in an Exchange mailbox are synchronized, the historical folder view is maintained. Therefore:
- Delete an empty folder that never contained mail – Folder remains in Archive Search for Outlook and local archive, but does not display in the web interface.
- Delete an empty folder – Folder remains in Archive Search for Outlook.
- Move a folder – Folder displays in the new location in the local archive.
- Rename a folder – Folder is renamed in the local archive.
Synchronize Archived Folders
Select whether to synchronize all items in your Archive Store, or synchronize based on the item age and the period of time messages are stored.