This article refers to Barracuda Message Archiver version 5.1 or higher, and applies to both the administrator and auditor role, except where noted.
For additional information about the available options, go to the POLICY > Scheduled Exports page, and click the Help icon.
Use the Scheduled Exports page to export new mail that matches specified criteria in a previously created saved search. Once you execute an Advanced Search, you can save and name the search for re-execution at a later time as a saved search. For more information, see How to Set Up Saved Searches.
Enable Scheduled Exports
- Log in to the Barracuda Message Archiver.
- (Admin Only) Go to the POLICY > Scheduled Exports page, and set Enable Scheduled Exports to Yes.
- (Admin and Auditor Role) Select whether to Send Email Alerts when a scheduled export fails to complete. When enabled, an email notification is sent to the system alerts email address configured on the BASIC > Administration page.
(Admin Only) Set Enable SMB Share to Yes to create an SMB share ScheduledExports on the Barracuda Message Archiver for download of PST files created by scheduled exports. This includes scheduled exports for all users. The share is your Barracuda Message Archiver's IP address followed by BarracudaMessageArchiverScheduledExports. For example, if the IP address is 192.168.1.10, the share is located here:
- (Admin Only) To limit access to the SMB share to the user ScheduledExports, enter a password to associate with ScheduledExports.
- (Admin Only) Specify the number of days to keep the exported scheduled export files, after which the files are deleted.
- Click Save.
Add a Scheduled Export
To add a scheduled export,
- Log in to the Barracuda Message Archiver as either an admin or auditor.
- Go to the POLICY > Scheduled Exports page, and click Add a Scheduled Export.
- The Add a Scheduled Export dialog box displays. From the Saved Search drop-down, select a previously defined saved search.
- From the Every drop-down menu, select the interval, in weeks, on which to run the export. Select 1, 2, 3, or 4 week(s). The export includes mail from the same number of most recent weeks.
Specify the Begin Date when to run the first export at the beginning of the selected day. This is always the day after the end of the export period.
- The First export period field displays based on your selections.
Set Enabled to Yes to run this scheduled export based on the set details. To disable the export, select No.
- Click Submit; the scheduled export is added to the table.
Scheduled Export Table
The scheduled export table displays the configuration for each scheduled export. From this table you can select to Search, Enable/Disable, or Delete a scheduled export. If you click Search, the BASIC > Search page displays the Saved Search on which the selected scheduled export is based.
Latest Scheduled Exports
The Latest Scheduled Exports table lists all past and currently running scheduled exports for the current user, or, for an admin, the exports shared between all admins. For each export, the table displays the export name, date and time it ran, and status of a running export or result of a completed export. For exports with messages that were skipped for various reasons, from the Status column, you can view a list of failed messages, messages that were skipped because they were duplicates, or messages passed over because they contained viruses.
The actions column displays the same options available from the Tasks tab on the BASIC > Search page for regular exports. The user can also select to download or remove the PST created by a successful export, or cancel the export.
If you have configured multiple Barracuda Message Archivers for Federated Search on the ADVANCED > Clustering page, click Show Tasks in the action column to view a table detailing which sections of the export are for each Barracuda Message Archiver.