This article refers to the Barracuda Message Archiver firmware 5.2 or higher, and Barracuda Archive Search for Outlook version 5.2 or higher. Barracuda Archive Search for Outlook supports Outlook versions 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019.
Verify the Archive Search for Outlook version (available for download on the USERS > Client Downloads page in the Barracuda Message Archiver web interface) is the same major revision as the Barracuda Message Archiver firmware for proper functionality.
Archive Search for Outlook is not supported on the Microsoft App Store version of Outlook.
Archive Search for Outlook States
Archive Search for Outlook stores its state in the following manner:
- The configuration is stored in the registry in the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Barracuda\Message Archiver\Outlook Add-In
- The tool itself, like all Outlook add-ins, is registered with Outlook via a series of keys in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE; these are created during installation
Logs, cached search results, offline stubs, and Archive stores are stored on disk here: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Barracuda\Message Archiver\Outlook Add-In, for example:
C:\Users\jdoe\AppData\Local\Barracuda\Message Archiver\Outlook Add-In
You can configure the following GPO policies to support virtualization:
- Archive Stores\Disable Archive Stores – The Archive Stores feature can be entirely disabled if storing large NST files (larger than 10 GB for large mailboxes) per user is not feasible in the virtualized environment.
- Archive Stores\Location of new Archive Stores – Controls where new NST files are created on the machine, and only affects new Archive Stores, so set this value prior to deployment. The value supports environment variables. do not use UNC paths, for example, paths to network shares because PST access across network boundaries is not supported by Microsoft.
- Archive Stores\Maximum age of messages to include – Restrict the amount of data users can sync to their Archive Stores.
- Offline Stub Access\Disable offline stub access – Restrict user offline stub access.
- Offline Stub Access\Maximum size of cache – Restrict the maximum size of the offline stub cache.
- Search\Search cache path – Change the search cache path. This value supports environment variables.
- Search\Maximum size of cache – Change the maximum cache size. This value supports environment variables.