Create an email service account for Exchange import integration and message attachment stubbing.
Before Getting Started
To create an email service account, you must:
- Verify the service account has a mailbox, and is not hidden in the Global Address List (GAL)
- (Optional but highly recommended) Establish a user account through Outlook Web Access (OWA) or other source before setting up the email service account
- Verify the public folder database exists on the Exchange Server
Create Email Service Account
- Log onto the Exchange Server as the administrator.
- From the Start menu, go to Start > Programs > Microsoft Exchange > System Manager.
- Expand Administrative Groups > First Administrative Group > Servers.
- Right-click the Microsoft Exchange Server name, and click Properties.
- On the Security tab, select the Barracuda service account, and in the Permissions list, set the following permissions:
- Administer Information Store
- Send As
- Receive As
- Click Advanced and verify Allow inheritable permissions from parent to propagate to this object and all child objects is selected.
- Click OK.
Repeat steps 1 through 7 for each Microsoft Exchange Server that is to host mailboxes within the routing group.