Create an email service account for Exchange import integration and message attachment stubbing.
Before Getting Started
To create an email service account, you must:
- Verify the service account has a mailbox, and is not hidden in the Global Address List (GAL)
- (Optional but highly recommended) Establish a user account through Outlook Web Access (OWA) or other source before setting up the email service account
- Verify the public folder database exists on the Exchange Server
As a best practice, use a unique account for this integration point and grant it the least level of privileges required, coordinating with the system administrator. This email service account requires administrative write privileges to the Exchange server. For additional information, see Security for Integrating with Other Systems - Best Practices.
Create Email Service Account
- Log onto the Exchange Server as the administrator.
- From the Start menu, go to Start > Programs > Microsoft Exchange > System Manager.
- Expand Administrative Groups > First Administrative Group > Servers.
- Right-click the Microsoft Exchange Server name, and click Properties.
- On the Security tab, select the Barracuda service account, and in the Permissions list, set the following permissions:
- Administer Information Store
- Send As
- Receive As
- Click Advanced and verify Allow inheritable permissions from parent to propagate to this object and all child objects is selected.
- Click OK.
Repeat steps 1 through 7 for each Microsoft Exchange Server that is to host mailboxes within the routing group.