All Barracuda Message Archivers, all firmware versions.
LDAP and Active Directory users may log onto the Barracuda Message Archiver with their usernames and passwords to view their archived messages with minimal Barracuda Message Archiver configuration. To configure LDAP/Active Directory integration, navigate to the Advanced > Directory Services page of the Barracuda Message Archiver's web interface and fill out all of the required fields:
- LDAP Server Alias - A short name or alias to the LDAP server. Used only on the Barracuda Message Archiver to identify this LDAP Server.
- LDAP Server - The IP address of your LDAP or Active Directory server.
- LDAP Port - The port used by your LDAP or Active Directory server. The default is port 389.
- LDAP Encryption - The type of encryption used by your LDAP or Active Directory server.
- Bind DN - The distinguished name (DN) of a user in your LDAP directory that has read access to all the users in LDAP.
- Bind Password - The password for the user you specified in the Bind DN field.
- LDAP Search Base - The base distinguished name (DN) for the directory. For example, if your domain is test.com, your base DN might be dc=test,dc=com.
- UID Attribute - The attribute that contains the user's ID. For Active Directory, it is recommended that you use sAMAccountName. For OpenLDAP, it is recommended that you use uid.
Link to This Page: