All Barracuda Message Archivers communicating with mail servers over IMAP, all firmware versions.
To configure an IMAP journaling account on the Barracuda Message Archiver, you must first make sure that the mail server has IMAP enabled and that the Barracuda Message Archiver can communicate freely with the mail server over port 143. Then, the mail server must be configured to copy all messages to the IMAP account that are intended to be archived. Once this has been prepared, go to the Basic > Journal Accounts page and configure the following options:
- Server - The email server to pull messages from. Either a resolvable hostname or IP address may be specified.
- Protocol - The protocol used by the remote email server. when configuring journaling over IMAP, you would select IMAP.
- Username - The complete email address to pull from. This will usually be the mailbox designated as the "journaling" email address, and must exist on the email server specified above.
- Password - The password associated with the username listed above.
- Keep Items on Server
- Whether or not the pulled messages are to be kept on the email
server. If this option is selected, then messages that have been sent
to the Barracuda Message Archiver will not be removed from the remote
email server. Leave unchecked to delete messages from the remote email
server after they have been pulled. Barracuda Networks recommends to leave this box unchecked to save hard drive space on your mail server.
Link to This Page: