All Barracuda Message Archivers, all versions.
Setting Up Exchange Integration/Stubbing/Non-Email Items Sync/Folder Sync
You will need to create a Service Account or can Use an Existing account that has a mailbox and is not hidden in GAL(Global Address List).
Assigning appropriate permissions to the Service Account for Exchange 2010:
1. Click Start > Programs > Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 > Exchange Management Shell.
2. In the command prompt window, type the following line and then press Enter:
Get-MailboxDatabase | Add-ADPermission -User "Barracuda" -AccessRights ExtendedRight -ExtendedRights Receive-As, ms-Exch-Store-Admin
Add-RoleGroupMember "View-Only Organization Management" -Member "barracuda"
Best Practice for Setting Up Journaling :
You can enable journaling on your Microsoft Exchange 2010 server so that it will send a copy of each sent and received email to any Exchange contact that you specify. To configure your Exchange server to send mail to the Barracuda Message Archiver, you must create a mailbox in Exchange that will accept a copy of each message. Once this mailbox exists, you can enable journaling by creating a "Journaling Rule" on your Exchange server.
To create a global Journaling Rule, follow these steps:
- Open the Exchange Management Console, expand Organization Configuration, click Hub Transport, and select New Journaling Rule in the Actions toolbox.
- On the New Journaling Rule page, type a name in the Rule name field.
- In the Journal e-mail address field, select the recipient that will get all the message traffic for this rule. This should be the contact you've created specifically to accept all mail to be archived for this Exchange server.
- For the Scope, we can choose one of the available options. Your selection will determine which emails are archived:
- Global: All messages (Internal and External)
- External: Only messages to and from other mail servers.
- Internal: Only internal messages
This is the journaling account you created when you configured journaling on your Exchange server. Click the Save Changes button, and the Barracuda Message Archiver will begin to poll your Exchange server for copies of your e-mail messages on a regular basis.
Link to This Page: