This solution applies to the Barracuda Message Archiver, firmware version 3.0 and higher.
You can define a retention policy based on a Saved Search to automatically delete archived messages from the Barracuda Message Archiver.
- Note that before you can create a Saved Search retention policy, you must create at least one Saved Search in the BASIC > Search > Advanced Search page.
If you define multiple Saved Search retention policies, if the age of any message exceeds the maximum age allowed by all Saved Search retention policies that apply to the message, that message is permanently deleted form the Barracuda Message Archiver.
- Note: Litigation holds overwrite Saved Search and Global Retention Policies; a litigation hold may be for a defined period of time or indefinite.
- Log into the Barracuda Message Archiver.
- Go to the BASIC > Search page, and in the Standard tab, click Advanced.
- Enter the desired search criteria, and click Save Search.
- Enter the Search Name, and click OK.
- Go to the POLICY > Retention page, and enter the Saved Search Retention Policy details:
- In the policy Name field, enter a name for the policy you are creating.
- In the Saved Search field, select the name of the saved search on which this retention policy is to be based.
- In the Policy Length (Days) field, enter the number of days to retain archived messages that match the Saved Search criteria.
- Click Add.
If a message matches more than one Saved Search-based policy, then the message is kept according to the longest policy length. If it matches a Saved Search-based policy as well as the global policy, then the Saved Search policy takes precedence.
Link to this page: