Barracuda Message Archiver, Firmware versions 3.0.0.018 and above
The PST Collector is a new feature available in the 3.0 firmwares. The PST Collector is a client used to capture PSTs from a source and upload them to the Barracuda Message Archiver. It's setup documentation is given to the client when they download the package from the Client Configuration page. The documentation is also available from https://techlib.barracuda.com/BMA/PSTCollector
1. Under Mail Sources > PST Import set the Enable PST Collector option to Yes.
Note: This feature does not require the Enable Local SMB Share to be enabled.
2. Install the Collector Server to a Windows based system that can see all the systems on which the Collector Clients are to be installed. The hostname box requires a hostname, an IP cannot be used, so make sure the BMA has a hostname resolved in network DNS tables. Next set the import policy for PSTs.
Automatic: All PSTs are approved for transfer without further interaction from the system administrator.Manual: A PST is approved for transfer only if that PST has been manually marked for transfer using the Admin Console. This setting always requires administrative input as each discovered PST file must be explicitly marked for import. This setting is typically used for importing only specific PST files, manually prioritizing specific PST files over others, or during testing of the Barracuda PST Collector in your environment.Scheduled: A PST is approved for transfer only if the request occurs within a configured time window. This setting is typically used to restrict PST transfers to a specified time period when there is less traffic, such as after business hours.
The PST can be verified as working by opening the Collector Server on the system on which it was installed and clicking on the Reports menu:
3. Install the Collector Client to all PCs which have PST's that need importing. This is done through a GPO downloaded from the Client Configuration page. The only configuration needed is to set the IP or hostname of the system where the PST Collector is installed.
A window displays the number and size of the PST files that:
- Were discovered
- Have completed transfer to the Barracuda Message Archiver
- Are in the midst of a transfer
- Are awaiting transfer
- Are in some way corrupted
You can also verify this information on the PST Imports page.