Barracuda NAC 5.0 for Windows
- Barracuda Network Access Client version 5.0.4 is the direct successor to Barracuda Network Access Client version 5.0.3 and contains all improvements and features delivered with version 5.0.3.
Updating to Barracuda Network Access Client 5.0.4 is possible for any prior version.
Improvements Included with the Barracuda Network Access Client 5.0.4
- VPN client no longer crashes when VPN compression is enabled. (BNNGF-61103)
- VPN client interface no longer crashes when processing VPN profiles with missing/invalid parameters. (BNNGF-59673)
- VPN packets are now forwarded correctly after computer has returned from sleep mode. (BNNGF-58718, BNNGF-60926)
- System Report creation now works properly when UAC is enabled. (BNNGF-60686)
- Barracuda Network Access Client version 5.0.3 is the direct successor to Barracuda Network Access Client version 5.0.2 and contains all improvements and features delivered with version 5.0.2.
Updating to Barracuda Network Access Client 5.0.3 is possible for any prior version.
Improvements Included with the Barracuda Network Access Client 5.0.3
- Usage of certificates with custom OID is now allowed. (BNNGF-58488)
- Auto-connect with X.509-based profile during service startup is now working properly. (BNNGF-58378)
- VPN Connector no longer crashes under certain conditions after installation on Windows 10. (BNNGF-58398)
- Smartcard can now be accessed properly via legacy Cryptographic Service Provider (CSP). (BNNGF-59531)
- Service no longer crashes during startup/shutdown when Active Directory Probing and Domain Controller Auto-Discovery are enabled in the profile settings. (BNNGF-58204)
- Direct Access now works properly when fallback profiles are used. (BNNGF-58559)
- Health Agent TLS certificate verification now works properly. (BNNGF-58008)
- VPN server certificate validation of Trusted Root CAs no longer fails. (BNNGF-59361)
- VPN Client window no longer closes when entering incorrect values in the VPN Profile configuration. (BNNGF-58406)
- Alternate server probing is now working properly. (BNNGF-58502)
- Single Sign-On now works properly during initial user logon. (BNNGF-59107)
- Hover area for elevated privileges link has been improved. (BNNGF-58148)
- Custom OTP label is no longer ignored in interactive login prompt. (BNNGF-58346)
- Barracuda Network Access Client version 5.0.2 is the direct successor to Barracuda Network Access Client version 5.0.1 and contains all improvements and features delivered with version 5.0.1.
Updating to Barracuda Network Access Client 5.0.2 is possible for any prior version.
Improvements Included with the Barracuda Network Access Client 5.0.2
Client authentication no longer fails if the MSAD credentials contain certain non-ASCII characters. (BNNGF-54619)
- It is now possible to create a Windows desktop or start menu shortcut. Go to VPN Profiles and right-click the desired profile to create a short cut. (BNNGF-53902)
- VPN profiles can now be configured to also use OR conditions to match multiple certificate issuers. (BNNGF-55296)
- The VPN server root certificate is now trusted if it is trusted by Windows, and clients no longer provide a warning message when connecting. (BNNGF-54072)
- VPN profiles are persistently sorted in the VPN Profiles view and alphanumerical sorting of profiles is now consistent across all user interface elements. (BNNGF-55290)
- Log files located from %appdata%\Barracuda\Networks Access Client are now included in the system report. (BNNGF-54335)
- Unsupported certificates are no longer visible in the certificate selection dialog of the VPN client. (BNNGF-54285)
- Computers already joined to a domain can now automatically detect the domain controller. (BNNGF-55295)
- VPN profiles with OTP configured are no longer shown in the Windows pre-login screen. (BNNGF-53444)
- It is now possible to customize the User Name and User Password fields of the authentication window via registry entries. (BNNGF-54079)
- Terminating an active VPN connection now works as expected. (BNNGF-56152)
- Various UI behavior improvements: Correct update of profiles in the tray icon; cloning of profiles now works as expected; sorting of VPN profiles now works as expected; restructured views and view models. (BNNGF-53564)
- Importing VPN profiles was improved and now displays corresponding warning and error messages in case the import is not possible. (BNNGF-54323)
- OTP password prompt fields were updated and no longer prompt for the OTP if not necessary after a reconnect. (BNNGF-54430)
- Restarting Windows 7 no longer leads to a VPN client application error and subsequent shutdown of the Windows 7 host. (BNNGF-54499)
- Direct Access for VPN profiles now works as expected for profiles using certificate authentication. (BNNGF-56311)
- Users with administrative permissions can no longer disable the Personal Firewall if a master password was configured. (BNNGF-54778)
- Creating system reports now works as expected and no longer fails with message Failed to export System Report!. (BNNGF-55206)
- Single Sign-On authentication with username, password, and certificate now works as expected. (BNNGF-55826)
- A manually configured VPN profile via registry no longer gets overwritten with default values when adjusted via the user interface. (BNNGF-54210)
- User interface focus of the OTP prompt now works as expected for profiles using Radius authentication with MFA. (BNNGF-54475)
- Barracuda Network Access Client version 5.0.1 is the direct successor to Barracuda Network Access Client version 5.0 and contains all improvements and features delivered with version 5.0.
Updating to Barracuda Network Access Client 5.0.1 is possible for any prior version.
Improvements Included with the Barracuda Network Access Client 5.0.1
VPN Client now allows copying of VPN profiles. (BNNGF-53077)
VPN Connector change server password option has been updated for LIC-based VPN profiles. (BNNGF-53409)
- PolSrv assignment via DHCP has been fixed. (BNNGF-53128)
- VPN tunnel now terminates if Smartcard used for authentication is no longer in place. (BNNGF-53111)
- Barracuda Network Access Client version 5.0 is the direct successor to Barracuda Network Access Client version 4.3 and contains all improvements and features delivered with version 4.3.
Updating to Barracuda Network Access Client 5.0 is possible for any prior version.
- CudaLaunch 2.5.1 for Windows adds support for CudaLaunch VPN Connections via Barracuda Network Access Client v5.0.0. If you are using the Network Access Client in conjunction with CudaLaunch, please ensure that you upgrade CudaLaunch to 2.5.1 or higher.
Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit.
In case you are not running on Windows 10 and your system is not up to date (e.g., Windows 7 without recent updates), one or more of the following Windows Updates may be required:
What's New with the Barracuda Network Access Client 5.0
- RVPN command line utility has been removed and fully replaced by the PowerShell Management Console. (BNNGF-52513)
- NAC Client user interface has been redesigned and improved. (BNNGF-37891, BNNGF-44904, BNNGF-44905, BNNGF-37891)
- VPN Client user interface and coding has been improved. (BNNGF-51080, BNNGF-50686)
- Health Agent user interface and settings have been redesigned and improved. (BNNGF50852, BNNGF-51052, BNNGF-51028, BNNGF-51325)
- Certificate selection now supports eToken and Smartcard. (BNNGF-36622)
Active Directory Probing now uses an enhanced check based on reported LDAP capabilities. (BNNGF-51650)
Improvements Included with the Barracuda Network Access Client 5.0
Windows Toast Notifications have been implemented for better Windows 10 integration. (BNNGF-28216)
- "Always trust server certificate" option has been implemented. (BNNGF-50301)
- Logging feature has been improved. (BNNGF-49037, BNNGF-50697, BNNGF-50847, BNNGF-50848, BNNGF-51966, BNNGF-52295)
- Major backend refactoring and cleanup was performed. (BNNGF-44410)