In the Barracuda Health Agent, you can configure connectivity settings, authentication, access control, and notification parameters. The configuration of the Health Agent is done in the Health Agent Settings section.
Configure the Barracuda Health Agent
Launch the Health Agent by left-clicking the icon in the system tray.
- In the Barracuda Network Access Client window, click the settings icon on the top left to open the settings panel.
- Select Health Agent Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Configure the settings according to your requirements. For more information, see the following Health Agent Settings section.
- Click Save.
Health Agent Settings
You can configure the following General settings:
- Enable Health Agent – Enable the integrated health client. This requires a system reboot.
- Access Control Service IP Addresses (local) – Add the locally configured Access Control service IP address/es or hostname/s:
- Click the arrow icon on the right. The Access Control Service Addresses window opens.
- Enter the IP address or hostname.
- Click Save, or click Edit to modify an existing entry.
- Access Control Service Addresses (DHCP) – List of Access Control service IP addresses retrieved via Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
You can configure the following general Authentication settings:
- Use Basic Authentication – Enable to offer basic username/password or certificate authentication in case NTLM fails.
- Use NTLM Authentication – If enabled, the client will use Windows user credentials provided by NTLM for authentication.
- Validate X.509 certificate chain – Validate the X.509 certificate chain presented by the server.
You can configure the following Network Access Control settings:
- Quarantine on system service startup – Puts the client into quarantine during system server startup.
- Quarantine after resuming from power saving mode – Puts the client into quarantine after resuming from power saving mode.
- Detect installed OS Hotfixes – If enabled (default), the list of installed hotfixes will be used for determining the client's health state.
You can configure the following Notifications settings:
- Healthy Notification – Show a notification popup whenever the client transitions to 'Healthy' state.
- Quarantine Notification – Show a notification popup whenever the client transitions to 'Quarantine' state.