This section contains the release notes for the Barracuda Network Access Client for macOS.
- An issue related to incorrect transport mode when importing a VPN configuration has been fixed. [BNNGF-85232]
- VPN state is no longer incorrect when entering standby mode. [BNNGF-85317]
- When multiple versions exist, the correct tunnel extension is now set. [BNNGF-85665]
- When connecting using OTP, the focus is now set on the password field. [BNNGF-86231]
- SAML authentication for Client-to-Site VPN has been improved. [BNNGF-79082, BNNGF-83076]
Connection error related to invalid tunnel network settings on macOS 12 (Monterey) has been fixed. [BNNGF-83544]
Status window now opens when double-clicking the app. [BNNGF-83318]
Logging capacity has been increased. [BNNGF-82174]
General bug fixes and improvements.
- Barracuda VPN Client version 5.3.0 supports macOS 12 (Monterey).
- OS version reporting for VPN clients has been improved. [BNNGF-81123]
- Support for “Optimized” tunnel mode has been added. [BNNGF-80930]
- Support for additional encryption algorithms and key agreement protocols has been added. [BNNGF-81037]
- VPN Client no longer adds a 0.0.0.0 DNS IP. [BNNGF-78481]
- An issue related to usage of encrypted license files has been fixed. [BNNGF-76645]
- VPN profiles can now be added via double-click. [BNNGF-76266]
- Updates for improved usability and stability have been applied.
UI issue on macOS 10.15 (Catalina) has been fixed. [BNNGF-76242]
New UI design has been implemented. [BNNGF-62425]
SAML authentication for Single-Sign-On is now supported. [BNNGF-68465]
General bug fixes and improvements.
- Barracuda personal licenses are now sanitized when being read in by the client. [BNNGF-73813]
- Server passwords for personal license authentication are now correctly saved in Apple keychain.
- Client no longer freezes when entering One-Time Password. [BNNGF-73280]
- Configuration of Hash and Tunnel mode now works correctly. [BNNGF-73093]
- Several types of certificates (x.509 authentication) can now be read by the client. [BNNGF-73593]
- Top bar menu now correctly disables all profile names when client is connected.
- Localization has been added (German, French, Italian, Spanish, and Japanese).
- Updates for better usability and stability have been applied.
- Multi-factor authentication now works correctly. [BNNGF-72560]
- Barracuda VPN Client version 5.1.7 supports macOS 11.00 (Big Sur) and M1 (ARM architecture).
- Multi-Factor Authentication using Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP) has been added. [BNNGF-57691]
- Updates for better usability and stability.
- Support for macOS Mojave has been improved.
Fix of a moderate security vulnerability (CVE-2019-6724) where under certain circumstances a local privilege escalation attack was possible. [BNNGF-57654]
- The Barracuda Network Access Client for macOS now offers more granular logging.
- The Barracuda Network Access Client for macOS now supports Fast Reconnect. [BNNGF-55415]
- The VPN client no longer crashes on macOS Mojave. [BNNGF-55574]
- The dark scheme of the VPN client now behaves correctly on macOS.
- Support for macOS running on Intel x86 sixth generation CPUs was dropped.
- Barracuda Network Access Client version 5.0 is the direct successor to Barracuda Network Access Client version 4.3 and contains all improvements and features delivered with version 4.3.
- Updating to Barracuda Network Access Client 5.0 is possible for any prior version.
- Operating Systems – 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), or above
- Disk Space – 10 MB
- RAM – 512 MB
What´s New with Barracuda VPN Client for macOS Version 5.0
- Consolidate multiple hosts configuration has been implemented. [BNNGF-52516]
Improvements Included with Barracuda VPN Client for macOS Version 5.0
- Keychain support has been implemented for exportable certificates/keys. [BNNGF-48564 ]