The Microsoft Outlook button can be installed for Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016 for Windows. There is no Mac client. Use the Exchange Button if you need Mac or Web buttons.
How to Install
- Finish all configuration on the Button Configuration Manager page for your Microsoft Outlook button, as described in Customization Options - Microsoft Outlook Button, then click Save.
- On the Button Configuration Manager page for your Outlook button, scroll down to the Instructions section. Download the
- Unzip the file.
Note that previewing the unzipped file by clicking on it is not sufficient. You must click Extract All or use other method to completely extract all files.
- The install.bat file shows how to run the included
PhishlineSetup...32bit.exefile with the parameters you specified.
For large installations: Execute the command line through Group Policy for mass installations.
- The current configuration has requested a 'Quiet Install'. This adds the
/quietparameter to the
- The system is configured not to automatically restart during install/uninstall. This adds the
- The Enable Auto Sync option is selected by default. Every time an Outlook client starts, it will attempt to download new versions of the configuration file from your instance. For example, https://phishline.com/phishline_demo_cudacampus/api.bof?mode=button&u=976eaf620b&t=json&s=1118
If a client is unable to download an updated configuration for any reason, it will attempt to use the locally installed configuration, stored in
- You are not required to host the configuration file or the custom images on the Barracuda PhishLine platform. The
CONFIGURL=option is designed to work with any web server that can distribute the JSON configuration.
- Installation logs are created in
PhishLine_TIMESTAMP.log, where TIMESTAMP is an actual time stamp.
- For debug purposes after installation, look at the
- Outlook must be restarted to trigger the initial download of the configuration JSON and the button image, regardless of whether Outlook was open during installation.
How to Uninstall
uninstall.bat file, which includes information on how to uninstall using the