This article is a continuation of the process started in Creating and Generating an Email Campaign. Complete the steps in that article before continuing here.
Send a Sample Email
As part of the approval process, you might choose to send a test email to make sure the campaign is working as expected.
Note that you can only send a sample email in this stage, the 3. Approve stage. If the campaign is changed to any stage other than 3. Approve, all sample test data is deleted.
- After generating, the campaign goes into the Approve stage.
- At the top of the page, click Send Sample Email .
- Optional. Enter email addresses, besides yours, one per line, that should receive the test email. A test email will automatically be sent to your address, as the person who logged in.
Note that if the format of any address is invalid, an error will be reported and none of the sample emails will be sent.
- Optional. Adjust the campaign content selections to send different combinations of emails.
- Click Send the Email.
The screen informs you if the sample emails were generated successfully.
- If the email(s) were sent successfully, close this window, review the email when it arrives, and proceed with Approve the Campaign, described below.
If the email(s) were not sent successfully, click Return to the Send Sample Email Form, correct any errors, and try sending the sample email(s) again.
Approve the Campaign
- Scroll through the page and review the contents. The following information can be edited or changed.
- General Settings: Plan
- General Settings: Campaign Intent
- Schedule: Cutoff Date
- Content: Email Templates
- Landing Page Template
- Advanced Settings: Hide Campaign Results
Advanced Settings: Browse to select image
- In the approval section, select the appropriate status: Pending, Approved, or Rejected.
Add comments about your action, then click Save. The page refreshes.
- If the campaign is approved, continue with the Go Live section below.
- If the campaign is not approved, additional changes must be made by you or the campaign creator.
Note that if approval is not required, it is possible to go live with a Pending or Rejected campaign.
- Under General Settings, in the Stage area, click Design .
- Make changes to the campaign, following any comments made during the Approval process, according to the processes described in Creating and Generating an Email Campaign.
- Repeat this revision and review cycle as needed.
When the campaign is ready, it is time for it to Go Live!
Under General Settings, in the Stage area, click Go Live! Click Yes when prompted. The campaign processes, then goes live.
Emails are scheduled to be sent, and you will receive results as soon as they are available.