Use the Anonymizer utility to remove personally identifiable information from addresses. Having anonymized data enables you to analyze the data without revealing information about the people associated with the data.
To make contacts anonymous:
- Navigate to System > Anonymizer.
- Click New.
- Select the Address Book you want to anonymize.
- Click Save.
- Review or specify the following information:
- Address Book – Confirm the Address Book you want to sanitize, or select a different Address Book here.
Target Field Selection – By default, all fields are made anonymous. Select any fields within the Address Book that you do not want to make anonymous. Note that some check boxes are not modifiable because the information the fields contain is required.
- Click Save to save your changes and come back to this request later.
When you are satisfied with your settings, in the Stage section, click to move to the Confirmed Stage.
- Click Done.