Create the Basic Voice Campaign
- Navigate to Campaigns > Campaign Manager.
- Click New.
- For the Campaign Type, select Voice Campaign. The Campaign Type for a specific campaign cannot be changed later.
- Enter the following information. These values can be changed at any time.
- Campaign Name – Enter a descriptive name for the campaign.
- Description – Optional. Enter text to describe the campaign.
- Enable Content Groups – Content Groups cannot be used for Voice Campaigns.
- Plan – Optional. Select a plan associated with this campaign. Create and review plans under Plan > Plan Manager.
Campaign Intent – Select Testing . For more information, refer to Creating and Generating an Email Campaign .
- Category – Optional. Enter a category, like Phone Simulation, to associate with this campaign for tracking purposes.
- Click Save. The page refreshes. At the top of the page, you can edit the information you entered in Step 4.
Lifecycle Status displays Upcoming.
Set the Schedule
In the Scheduling section, specify the following information. The system will randomly make campaign calls in the window you define with Start and End Dates.
- Schedule Based Upon – Select the time zone for which you want to base the campaign schedule.
- Administrator's Time Zone – Use the time zone you set in My Preferences under the profile icon .
- Target's Time Zone – Use the time zone for the target's location, as specified in the Address Book.
- Start Date – Select a date and time on which to start the campaign.
- End Date – Select a date and time on which to end the campaign. Late messages (messages sent out after their scheduled time) can be sent up until the Cutoff Date.
- Cutoff Date – Select a date and time when results will no longer be collected for reporting. To ensure that you receive all of the results reporting, specify the Cutoff Date to be after the End Date. Having time between the End Date and Cutoff Date provides a cushion to account for factors that might delay a target's interacting with an email, like weekends and vacations.
- Days of the Week – Select one or more days of the week on which to send campaign emails.
- Hour of Day "From", Hour of Day "Through" – Select a time range during which you want to send campaign messages.
In the Targets section, specify the following information:
- Emails to Send – Enter the number of phone numbers you want to call in this campaign. The actual number of calls will not exceed the number of matching Address Book entries – in other words, each phone number receives no more than one call from each campaign. If you specify fewer phone numbers than the number of phone numbers, the system will randomly select phone numbers to receive the calls.
Example: There are 50 matching email address entries. If you specify 50 emails to send, each address will receive an email. If you specify 20 emails to send, 20 of the email addresses will be randomly selected to receive the email.
- Set to X Matching Email Address Entries – Click this shortcut button to set the Emails to Send based on the number of matching phone number entries from your selected Address Books with Advanced Filters applied.
- Select Address Books – Select one or more Address Books to include in the campaign. Click the target icon to view the number of entries of an Address Book and to edit it.
- Create New Address Books – Click to create a new Address Book. For details, refer to How to Create an Address Book.
- Show Advanced Filters – Optionally use Advanced Filters to specify recipients of the campaign phone call. For details on Advanced Filters, refer to Creating and Generating an Email Campaign .
Specify the Content
- In the Content section, click Add New Voice Application. In the dialog box, click Yes to save the current campaign and add the Voice Application template. The Content Center displays available Voice Application templates.
- Click the magnifying glass icon to select a Voice Application template. To create your own Voice Application template, refer to Creating a Voice Application.
Click Import and Add to My Recent Campaign .
If the content is not already imported into your instance of Barracuda PhishLine, the following actions are available:
- Import and Add to My Recent Campaign – Adds the content to your instance and associates it with most recently accessed campaign. Following the steps in this article, that is the campaign you just created.
- Import Now – Adds the content to your instance.
- Copy and Add to My Recent Campaign – Duplicates the template and associates it with the most recently accessed campaign. Following the steps in this article, that is the campaign you just created.
- Copy and Edit – Duplicates the template and opens the editor so you can customize the template. Note that this option does not associate the template with your campaign.
- Add to My Recent Campaign – Associates the template with the most recently accessed campaign. Following the steps in this article, that is the campaign you just created.
- Edit Now – Opens the editor so you can customize the template. Note that this option does not associate the template with your campaign.
When prompted, select Go to My Recent Campaign.
Back in the Content section of your campaign, click Add New Phone Number for Sending. Here, you will select the phone number you obtained from your Barracuda PhishLine consultant for this Voice campaign.
Specify Approval Comments
If the Approval Required box is selected, this campaign must be approved before you can Go Live with the campaign. If you choose, you can enter comments to the reviewer in the Approval Comments box.
Specify Advanced Settings
- Optional. Select the Hide Campaign Results box to hide the results from view. The results will still be collected. You might choose to use this setting when a campaign is past its cutoff date, so only current campaigns display in the results.
- Optional. Select an image to associate with this campaign. Click Browse to select the image.
Save the Campaign
When you have completed all of the required actions above, click Save to save the campaign. The page refreshes.
Generate the Campaign
Under General Settings, in the Stage area, click Generate . Click Yes when prompted. The campaign generates.
The generation process can take several minutes. You can move away from the screen or even log out without interrupting the generation process.