These instructions describe how to add new administrators to the system and how to manage them. In the user settings, you can also enforce policies like forced password expiration and multi-factor authorization.
To add users to your Barracuda PhishLine account:
- Navigate to System > User Manager.
- Click New.
- In the User field, enter a unique name for the user – usually, this is the user's email address. Click Save.
When the page refreshes, enter basic Identification information for the user.
In the Authentication section, specify the following information:
- Active – Select this check box to enable the user to access Barracuda PhishLine.
- Force Password Expire – Select this check box to force the user to change their password after a number of failed grace login attempts.
Failed Password Attempt Lock – If this check box is selected, the user account is currently locked. The user has been sent an email, requiring them to change their password.
- New Password – Optional. See note above.
Enter a base password for the user. Type it again in the next field. Note that passwords must:
- contain at least 8 characters.
- contain at least one numeric digit 0-9.
- contain both upper and lower case letters.
- not be common variations of words in a dictionary.
- not be reused.
- change every 60 days.
- contain 100 characters or fewer.
Authorization Type – Select either Standard User or Single Sign On User. If neither option appears, leave this field blank.
- Reminder Notifications – [Deprecated] Select the frequency for sending reminders.
Multi-Factor Enabled – Select this check box to require an authentication method, in addition to a password, to authenticate this user.
- Multi-Factor Method – If you enabled multi-factor authentication, select the secondary authentication method here:
- Email – User receives an authentication code via email. They must enter this code to authenticate into Barracuda PhishLine.
- SMS – User receives an authentication code via text. They must enter this code to authenticate into Barracuda PhishLine.
- Voice – User receives a phone call and must press a specific button to authenticate into Barracuda PhishLine.
- Multi-Factor Phone # – Based on the Multi-Factor Method you just selected, specify the corresponding email, phone number, or mobile phone number for contacting the user. Punctuation is not required in phone numbers. If the phone number is international, be sure to include the country code prefix with the plus (+) sign.
Note that the title of this field does not change. Just match your entry type with the Multi-Factor Method you select in the field above (i.e., enter an email address for email authentication, regardless of the field label).
In the Group Membership section, click Select to associate this user with one or more groups, each of which has associated permissions.Click the preview icon to see which users are already members of a certain group.
Settings for most new administrative users – Select all options except any Document Folders and Single Sign-on – Can Manage All.
Address Book - Can Delete Any Address Book – Allowed to delete Address Books. All users can add and edit Address Books.
API - Can Edit All – Allowed to edit APIs. All users can view and use APIs.
Approvals - Can Approval All – Can approve all campaigns. Other users cannot approve campaigns.
Client User Administrator - Can Manage All Client Users – Can add new users to the instance and can assign permissions to these users. Do not assign if you do not want this user to be able to create new user accounts.
Content Center – Admin only group.
Default Reminder Group –
Document Folder – Your individual folder rights. This depends on your settings.
Document Library - Can Download Files – The user can download files from the document library.
Document Library - Can Upload Files – The user can upload files from the document library.
Document Manager - Can Manage All Folders and All Files – The user can manage the folders, add, edit and delete the folders themselves.
Domain Authorization - Can Edit All – The user can set ignore on the domain authorization page.
Email Campaign - Can Copy All – Specific right to copy email campaigns.
Email Campaign - Can Delete All – Specific right to delete email campaigns.
Email Campaign - Can Edit All – Specific right to add and edit campaigns.
Email Campaign Results - Can View All – Can view campaign rights. Effectively, a read only access to system.
Everyone – All Users Must Be In This Group
Incident Response Dashboard - Can Manage All – Can view and update the disposition and notes in the Incident Response Dashboard.
Incident Response Rules - Can Manage All –
LDAP Config - Can Edit All – Can configure the LDAP integration configuration used to connect to your LDAP and active directory (AD).
Outlook Plugin - Can Manage All – Can add, edit, and delete button configurations. The button is used to report emails to the Incident Response Dashboard.
Phone IVR - Can Edit All – Can add, edit and delete Voice applications.
Questionnaire Templates - Can Manage All – Can add, edit, and delete Training Templates and LMS Templates. Note that this is not permission to edit the training content itself.
Questionnaires - Take Survey – Can preview training courses.
SFTP Config - Can Edit All – Can edit the secure FTP configuration. This is an alternate method to automatically import address books via a CSV file that is hosted on a SFTP server.
Single Sign On - Can Manage All – Can add, edit, and delete Single Sign On (SSO) configurations.
Slideshows - Can Manage All –
Training Results - Can View All – Can view training results.
- In the Preferences section, specify the following information:
- Email Enabled – Select to enable notifications for this user via email.
- Pop-Up Hints Enabled – Select to enable Barracuda PhishLine pop-up hints for this user.
- Max Display Rows – The maximum number of rows to show on a page in Barracuda PhishLine.
- Time Zone – Select the time zone for this user.
- Time Format – Select the preferred format for date and time for this user.
- The History section displays the following read-only information:
- Add Date – Date the user was added.
- Last Password Change Date – Date the user's password was most recently changed.
- Last Session Date – Last date the user logged into Barracuda PhishLine.
- Click Save. The administrative user is now added to the system.
The new administrative user is now ready to log into the system. Note that the first time this user logs in, they will need to change their password.