A Dynamic Address Book is populated automatically based on users' actions, for example clicking a link in a specific Campaign. Dynamic Address Books are always associated with with Automated Campaigns.
To create a Dynamic Address Book:
- Navigate to Campaigns > Address Books, then click New.
- For Source Type, select Dynamic.
- Enter a Name and optional Description for the Address Book. You might want to include the word
Dynamicin the Name, so it is easy to locate among other Address Books.
- Click Save. The page refreshes. The information you entered in Step 3 is available to edit, if you choose.
In the Category field, type
- For the Type, select one of the following types of Dynamic Address Book.
The following automatic campaigns are triggered by end users' actions during the course of the campaign.
- Activity Clicker Notification – Sends a follow-up email to users who clicked a link in a campaign email.
- Activity Login Attempt Notification – Sends a follow-up email to users who attempted to log into a landing page as part of a campaign.
- Email Reply Notification – Sends a follow-up email to users who attempted to reply to a campaign email.
- FW: Incident Response Notification – Sends a follow-up email to users who reported a campaign email as suspicious. This requires the use of the Phish Reporting Button or other method of reporting suspicious emails to Barracuda PhishLine.
The following automatic campaigns are designed to be run on-demand at the end of a campaign.
Note that these Manager Notification types of Campaigns require that you have manager email addresses configured in your Campaign Address Book.
Sent to Managers
- Employee Clicker List – Informs managers of which employees clicked a link in a campaign email.
- Employee Training Reminder – Informs managers of which employees have yet to complete their training.
Sent to Employees
- Non-Clicker Notification – Sends a congratulatory email to employees who did not interact with a campaign email.
- Training Completed Notification – Sends a congratulatory email to employees who completed their training.
- Specify a Start and End Date when the Dynamic Address Book will start and stop collecting data.
Unless you have a reason to stop address collection by a certain date, set the End Date far in the future, like
01/01/2030to ensure you do not miss any addresses.
- Select the Include Sample Emails box to include sample emails in this Dynamic Address Book. Including Sample Emails enables you to more thoroughly test your campaign. Individuals who receive sample emails can interact with the email and you will see their interactions in your results.
- In the Campaigns section, select one or more Campaigns you want to monitor for this Dynamic Address Book. For example, if you are sending an email to users who clicked links in a Campaign, this is where you specify the Campaign with the questionable links.
If you are uncertain of your which campaign to select, click the crosshairs icon to see basic information about a Campaign, like its description or date range.
- Click Save.
Warning messages might appear at the top of the page if you did not complete all of the required information. Address any errors and click Save again.
Proceed to Creating and Running an Automated Campaign.