Required Product Version
This article applies to Barracuda PST Enterprise version 3.2 or higher.
PST Enterprise obtains information about mailboxes via Exchange Autodiscover. This is particularly critical for mailboxes hosted in Microsoft Office 365 as there may be no information for these online mailboxes in local Active Directory (AD). You may be advised by Barracuda Technical Support to use this diagnostic tool in the event that a user's mailbox details cannot be successfully retrieved from Exchange Autodiscover. This may manifest itself as a failure to log in to the mailbox when attempting to process a PST, or the inability to determine whether a user has an Exchange archive mailbox.
To run the Autodiscover Test Tool,
- On the PST Enterprise server, browse to the C2CAutodiscover folder in the installation directory, by default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Barracuda\PSTEnterprise\C2CAutoDiscover
- Right-click C2CAutoDiscover2Test.exe, and click Run as administrator. C2C Autodiscover 2 launches.
In the Mailbox to discover field, enter the email address of the user for which Autodiscover is failing, for example, type: email@example.com
In the Authentication user field, enter the User Principal Name (UPN) of the user which is attempting to run Autodiscover. This is the PSTEnterpriseAdmin account, for example, type: PSTEnterpriseAdmin@barracuda.local
- In the Password field, enter the password associated with the authentication user account.
- Click Discover to retrieve the mailbox details, or click Discover with Archive mailbox to retrieve the Exchange archive mailbox details for the specified user.
- If the discovery succeeds, the mailbox details are reported in the Status window.
- If the discovery fails, Discovery FAILED displays in the Status window.
- Click View log to retrieve the log file and view details around the error. This can then be sent to your Barracuda Technical Support representative for investigation.