This article refers to the Barracuda PST Enterprise version 5.1 or higher.
In order to configure PST Enterprise to send System Health emails to an administrator, you must grant the PSTEnterpriseAdmin account rights to send mail.
Step 1. Configure Receive Connector in Exchange
Use the following instructions based on the version of Exchange deployed in your environment.
Exchange 2007, 2010, and 2013 Environments
- On an Exchange server with the Hub Transport role, open Exchange Management Shell.
- Run the following command:
Get-ReceiveConnector "Default *" | Add-ADPermission -User "DOMAIN\PSTEnterpriseAdmin" -ExtendedRights ms-Exch-SMTP-Submit, ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Any-Recipient,ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Any-Sender,ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Authoritative-Domain-Sender
where DOMAIN\PSTEnterpriseAdmin is the domain and name of your PSTEnterpriseAdmin account.
For Exchange 2016 Environments
No additional configuration to the receive connector is required to enable the sending of ADA emails.
For Office 365-Only Environments
Office 365-only environments with no on-premises servers don’t support the sending of the ADA email, unless you setup a separate SMTP server for this purpose.
For hybrid environments, make the appropriate configuration change to your on-premises Hub Transport server.
Step 2. Enable System Health Email in PST Enterprise
To enable system health email sending:
- Log in to the PST Enterprise Administration website, and click the Global Configuration tab.
- In the Email Configuration for ADA section, select Enable sending System Health emails.
In the Email Address field, enter the email address of the user you want to send the System Health email to.
- In the SMTP Server field, enter the hostname, FQDN, or IP address of the Exchange server where you set the receive connector permissions.
- Click Save Changes to save the configuration.
The System Health report is run on a daily basis, by default at 3:00 am. This scheduled run is managed by the PSTEnterpriseSystemHealth service which runs under the PSTEnterpriseAdmin account.