During the PST Enterprise installation you are presented with the option to either create a PST Enterprise Service account or select an existing account. The PST Enterprise service account must have a defined User Principal Name (UPN).
If you select an existing account and there is no defined UPN, you are presented with the error The account does not have a UPN. To resolve this error:
- Ensure all prerequisites have been fulfilled as per Step 1 - System Requirements.
- If you manually created the PST Enterprise service account, verify that you have assigned the necessary permissions as per Accounts and Permissions.
- Confirm the PST Enterprise service account has a UPN defined in Active Directory (AD):
- Navigate to the PST Enterprise service account in Active Directory Users & Computers.
- Right-click the user account, and click Properties.
- On the Account tab, verify the account has a full User logon name defined.
- If you have made changes to the PST Enterprise service account, re-run the PST Enterprise installer. If you are unable to proceed with the installation, click Save Log on the installer to collect the installation logs, or manually collect the log files from C:\PSTEnterpriseInstallLogs, and contact Barracuda Technical Support for assistance.