Once the PST Enterprise installation is complete, the PST Enterprise System Health service attempts to start. If this service fails to start up successfully, the installer displays the following error message:
"The following services failed to start: <NameOfService>".
Attempt to start the service(s) named in the error message manually and conduct further diagnostics if necessary.
Manually Start Services
To manually start the services:
- Open the Microsoft Services console (services.msc).
- If the Status of any of the services named in the error messages are not running, right-click the service, and click Start.
- The following services (with startup type Automatic) should be running (note that depending on what components are installed, not all the listed services may be present):
- PST Enterprise System Health
- PST Enterprise Copy Service
- PST Enterprise Hub Service
- PST Enterprise Spoke Service
- If the service still fails to start or generates an error when you attempt to start it manually, collect the service logging and raise a support case.
Collect Diagnostic Logging
The following lists the location of the startup log file for each service:
Startup log file location
|PST Enterprise System Health||C:\Program Files (x86)\Barracuda\PSTEnterprise\Logs\SystemHealth|
|PST Enterprise Copy Service||C:\Program Files (x86)\Barracuda\PSTEnterprise\PSTCopyService\Logs|
|PST Enterprise Hub Service||C:\Program Files (x86)\Barracuda\PSTEnterprise\logs\PSTEntHubService|
|PST Enterprise Spoke Service||C:\Program Files (x86)\Barracuda\PSTEnterprise\logs\PSTEntSpokeService|
Collect the most recent .log file from the named location and raise a support case with this information.