When installing the Copy Agent component, you are prompted to enter the name of the PST Enterprise server. If the installer is unable to connect to the PST Enterprise server to read the necessary configuration information, one of the following errors may display:
- Please enter the PST Enterprise server name
- A machine with that name could not be found
- Could not read configuration data from the named server
See the relevant section below to resolve the error.
Please Enter the PST Enterprise server name
You must specify the name of the PST Enterprise server where you have installed PST Enterprise. This can be the hostname or the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the machine.
A machine with that name could not be found
This error displays when the provided machine name cannot be resolved in DNS. Confirm that:
- The PST Enterprise server name you have entered is not misspelled.
- You have tried using the FQDN, for example, psteserver.barracuda.local, not just the hostname.
- The PST Enterprise server has an appropriate record in DNS and is resolvable.
- The machine where you are running the installer can contact a DNS server.
Could not read configuration data from the named server
This error displays when a DCOM connection to the named PST Enterprise server cannot be formed. Confirm that:
- DCOM connections are not denied by any firewalls between the machine where you are running the installer and the PST Enterprise server.
- The COM permissions on the PST Enterprise server permit connections.
- The PST Enterprise Hub Service is running on the PST Enterprise server.
- On the PST Enterprise server, browse to the Local Configuration Store (LCS) in C:\ProgramData\Barracuda\PSTEnterprise\LocalConfigurationStore.
- The PST Enterprise service account must have Full Control NTFS permissions on the system.ini file.
If the error is still not resolved, collect the Hub Service log (hubservice.log) from C:\Program Files (x86)\Barracuda\PSTEnterprise\Logs on the PST Enterprise server, and the installation log (install.log) from C:\PSTEnterpriseInstallLogs on the Copy Agent server. Contact Barracuda Technical Support for assistance, and provide both these log files for troubleshooting.