ArchiveOne Enterprise, all versions
PST Enterprise, all versions
ArchiveOne For Files, all versions
Barracuda Support may advise you to use the utility ProcDump for diagnostic purposes. ProcDump will generate a dump file when the monitored process hangs or crashes. This article will talk about how to set up ProcDump for a service crash.
HOW TO STEPS
To use ProcDump to monitor a process,
- Download ProcDump from Windows Sysinternals.
- Extract the downloaded Prodump.zip and copy to the Archive server.
- On the Archive server, open a command prompt.
- Browse to the extracted Procdump directory.
- Run the command (as advised by the Barracuda Support Representative):
For a spontaneous crash: procdump -ma MyProcess.exe C:\BarracudaDump
For a terminating process: procdump -e -ma MyProcess.exe C:\BarracudaDump
where MyProcess.exe is the name of the process which is crashing. For example, the ArchiveOne service process is AOnePolService.exe.
- Leave the command window open to continue monitoring. N.B. Do not close the window as this terminate ProcDump.
- When the crash occurs, the dump file will be generated in C:\BarracudaDump
Zip the entire contents of the C2CDumps folder and send to your Barracuda Support representative for diagnostics.
Note that the above commands are for capturing dumps of a 32-bit process, which all current C2C processes except the 64-bit Filter service are. For the 64-bit Filter service the '-64' switch will create a 64-bit dump file as necessary.
Link To This Page: