Handle administrative tasks on the BASIC > Administration page.
Changing Your Password
Use the Password Change section to change the password for the account currently in use.
Passwords should be 5 to 20 characters and can include letters, numbers, and special characters (including periods, hyphens, and underscores).
Setting Up Email Notification
In the Email Notification section, specify how and where to deliver system alerts from the Barracuda Reporting Server.
- SMTP Host – Name of your SMTP host to use for sending notifications, not localhost.
- SMTP Port – Network port for your SMTP host.
- Connection Security – Select the type of security for your email system, TLS or None.
- Username – Login username for your email system, if required by your SMTP host.
- Password – Password corresponding to the Username for your email system, if required by your SMTP host.
- System Alerts Email Address – Type one or more email addresses that receive automated alerts from the Barracuda Reporting Server, including system messages and notifications about available firmware updates. Separate multiple email addresses with a comma.
- From Email – Specify the address to use as the From address for system alert emails.
- Test SMTP Configurations – Type an email address to receive a test email. Click Send Test Email to ensure that the email system works.
Setting Your Time Zone
Use the Time section to change the timezone on your system.
Specifying NTP Server Information
Specify the NTP (Network Time Protocol) information for clock synchronization with your Barracuda Reporting Server.
- Enable NTP Sync – Select whether you want to enable automatic NTP synchronization with one or more servers you specify below.
- NTP Servers – Specify one or more servers to use for NTP synchronization, in order of precedence. Specify one server per line with either hostname of IP address.
- Manual NTP Sync – Click to perform an immediate NTP synchronization. Servers used depend on your selection in the Enable NTP Sync field:
- If Yes – Synchronization performed using NTP servers you specified, in order of precedence.
- If No – Synchronization performed using
ntp.barracudacentral.com, regardless of whether you specified other NTP servers.
Specifying Web Interface Settings
Specify the web interface settings for the web interface of your Barracuda Reporting Server.
- Web Interface HTTP Port – Port used by a web browser to gain access to the product's web interface (Recommended value: 8000).
Web Interface HTTP Protocol – Select whether you will use HTTP or HTTPS.
- Session Expiration Length – Time of inactivity, in minutes, before users are required to log on again to access the web interface.
Minimum value: 1 minute. Default setting: 20 minutes.
Update Dashboard Every 30 Minutes – Select Yes to automatically refresh the dashboard so you can see the most recent information.
If you select Yes, as long as you leave the dashboard up as the active screen, you will not be logged out of the dashboard and it will continue to display updated information every 30 minutes. When you switch to a different tab, if the Session Expiration Length has passed, you will be logged out.
If you select No, the Session Expiration Length will apply to the Dashboard along with the rest of the tabs.
Viewing Connected Devices
Use the Connected Devices section to specify the Shared Secret for devices you want to connect, to view devices that are connected to the Barracuda Reporting Server, and to specify their Log Retention Period.
As part of your configuration process, you set up Barracuda devices to point to the Barracuda Reporting Server. If they connect correctly, the device connections will appear in this section.
- Shared Secret – Enter the Shared Secret you will use for each device for which you want to collect reports. On every device you want to connect, enter this same Shared Secret, as described in Step 4 - Connect Devices.
- Device Name – To have a unique name, the Device Name consists of "Hostname" + "Domain Name" for the connected device.
Called Cluster Name if connected devices are in a cluster setup.
- Serial Number – The unique identifier for each device.
IP Address – The address of the connected device.
Log Retention Period – Specify how long you want to retain logs for this connected device: 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, or 12 months. One month is defined as 31 days.
Click Bulk Action to change the log retention for all devices simultaneously.
- Delete – Deletes the association of this device from the Barracuda Reporting Server. Clicking Delete here:
- Removes all logs on the Barracuda Reporting Server that are associated with this device.
- Removes this device from lists of device on the Barracuda Reporting Server.
Shutting Down or Restarting the System
- Shutdown – Shuts down and powers off the Barracuda Reporting Server.
- Restart – Reboots the Barracuda Reporting Server.