Barracuda Sentinel, Office 365, and Azure AD
Barracuda Sentinel monitors licensed Office 365 mailboxes.
Note that in hybrid email deployments, Barracuda Sentinel only monitors Office 365 mailboxes; Barracuda Sentinel does not monitor mailboxes that are part of on-premises solutions.
For Account Takeover suspicious sign-in data, Barracuda Sentinel requires full Azure AD (Active Directory) tenants. It does not always receive sign-in data from hybrid environments that include both on-premise active directory and Azure AD.
Logging in for the First Time and Connecting Your Office 365 Account to Barracuda Sentinel
Complete the following steps to enable Barracuda Sentinel to protect your Microsoft Office 365 account:
- Navigate to https://sentinel.barracudanetworks.com.
- If you do not already have a Barracuda account – Enter your email, create a password, and click Get Started. Provide information for your account and click Get Started.
- If you have a Barracuda account – Enter your email and password and click Sign In.
Note that for your first login, Barracuda Sentinel requires a linking code, but does not require a serial number.
Click Connect to Office 365. Optionally read about the permissions needed.
When Office 365 opens, log in as a global tenant administrator.
Review the permissions required by Barracuda Sentinel and click Accept.
After you sign up, Barracuda Sentinel will take anywhere from several hours to several days (depending on the size of your account) to fully learn your environment. Once the initial learning phase is completed, you will receive an email notifying you that your Barracuda Sentinel dashboard is now available.
For information on the Dashboard, refer to Understanding the Dashboard.
Seamless Connection with Barracuda Forensics & Incident Response
You can access your licensed or trial version of Barracuda Forensics & Incident Response directly from Barracuda Sentinel. Click the menu button in the top left corner of the page and select Forensics & Incident Response .
- If you already have a licensed or trial version of Barracuda Forensics & Incident Response, it will open in a new browser tab.
- If you do not yet have a license or trial for Barracuda Forensics & Incident Response, a sign-up page displays. You can sign up for a license or free trial of Barracuda Forensics & Incident Response on that page.
As mentioned above, when viewing the details of an attack, you can click Search for Similar Messages to open Forensics & Incident Response to locate incidents similar to the one you are currently viewing.