Barracuda Sentinel and Office 365
Barracuda Sentinel monitors licensed Office 365 mailboxes.
Note that in hybrid email deployments, Barracuda Sentinel only monitors Office 365 mailboxes; Barracuda Sentinel does not monitor mailboxes that are part of on-premises solutions.
Connecting Your Office 365 Account to Barracuda Sentinel
Complete the following steps so Barracuda Sentinel can protect your Microsoft Office 365 account:
- Sign up with your username and password at https://sentinel.barracudanetworks.com/signup. If you already have a Barracuda Cloud Control account, you can use the same credentials to sign in to Sentinel.
Connect Barracuda Sentinel to your Office 365 account.
After signing up, Barracuda Sentinel will take anywhere from several hours to several days (depending on the size of your account) to fully learn your environment. Once the initial learning phase is completed, you will receive an email notifying you that your Barracuda Sentinel dashboard is now available.
Using the Dashboard
When you first log into Barracuda Sentinel. the Dashboard appears.
Viewing Recent Spear Phishing Attacks
The Dashboard displays recent spear phishing attacks.
To locate specific attacks:
- Search – Enter all or part of a word in the Search box to find matching incidents.
- Filter Attacks – Click to display a list where you can choose to see one of the following types of attacks:
- All – All types of attacks. Selected by default.
- Employee impersonations – A nefarious actor is sending email, pretending to a member of your organization.
- Service impersonations – A nefarious actor is sending email, pretending to represent a service, like a bank or an internet service provider.
- Blackmail – A nefarious actor is demanding money from your organization, threatening that if they do not receive the funds, they will publish information that will be embarrassing to your organization or to people within it.
- Scamming – A nefarious actor is trying to get money from you or your organization.
- Domain Impersonation – A nefarious actor is sending email from a slightly altered Sender domain that they have especially created to craft this attack. The recipient thinks it is the familiar and trusted domain, and is more likely to reply to the email.
For any record, click the details icon to see more information about it.
Click Search for Similar Messages to locate messages similar to the one you are currently viewing. A new window opens with the Barracuda Forensics & Incident Response wizard, where you can search for these messages. This feature requires Barracuda Forensics & Incident Response.
You can export some or all records to a CSV file. Records that are displayed in the pages of the table are all exported when you click Export to CSV. Filter the results to export fewer records.
Seamless Connection with Barracuda Forensics & Incident Response
You can access Barracuda Forensics & Incident Response directly from Barracuda Sentinel. Click the menu button in the top left corner of the page and select Forensics & Incident Response. It will open in a new browser tab.
As mentioned above, when viewing the details of an attack, you can click Search for Similar Messages to open Forensics & Incident Response to locate incidents similar to the one you are currently viewing.