Barracuda Sentinel and Office 365
Barracuda Sentinel monitors licensed Office 365 mailboxes.
Note that in hybrid email deployments, Barracuda Sentinel only monitors Office 365 mailboxes; Barracuda Sentinel does not monitor mailboxes that are part of on-premises solutions.
Connecting Your Office 365 Account to Barracuda Sentinel
The high-level view of the getting started process includes:
- Creating accounts in the ECHOplatform.
- Going through Barracuda Cloud Control.
- Provisioning the accounts in Barracuda Sentinel, including logging into Office 365.
Details are provided below.
Complete the following steps so Barracuda Sentinel can protect your Microsoft Office 365 account.
- Log into the ECHOplatform using the initial credentials provided to you by your Barracuda Partner Success Manager or Sales Representative.
- Create your portal account, as described in Creating Portal User Accounts in the ECHOplatform documentation.
- Log into the ECHOplatform using this new account.
- In the ribbon at the top of the page, click Manage. The Management Dashboard displays. The first time you open it, no accounts are listed.
- On the Management Dashboard, click New Account. Complete the information for the new account, then click Save.
If you do not have a backup package, choose No Intronis Assigned for the following fields:
- Backup package
- Account billing plan
- Repeat step 5 for each account you need to add.
- In the top, right corner of the page, click Barracuda Cloud Control. Barracuda Cloud Control opens and you are already logged in with the same credentials you used to log into the ECHO platform.
- Open the account menu in the top, right corner of the page to see the accounts you created in the ECHOplatform are automatically populated in the account menu.
Note that it is usually very important to select the customer account from the menu but selecting Sentinel will always bring you to
In the left panel of Barracuda Cloud Control, click Sentinel.The Barracuda Sentinel signup page displays.
- Click Connect to Office 365.
When Office 365 opens, log in as a global tenant administrator.
Review the permissions required by Barracuda Sentinel and click Accept.
For most accounts, Barracuda Sentinel will take up to 24 hours to fully learn your environment. After the initial learning phase is complete, you will receive an email notifying you that your Barracuda Sentinel dashboard is now available.
For information on the Dashboard, refer to Understanding the Dashboard.
Seamless Connection with Barracuda Forensics & Incident Response
You can access your licensed or trial version of Barracuda Forensics & Incident Response directly from Barracuda Sentinel. Click the menu button in the top left corner of the page and select Forensics & Incident Response .
- If you already have a licensed or trial version of Barracuda Forensics & Incident Response, it will open in a new browser tab.
- If you do not yet have a license or trial for Barracuda Forensics & Incident Response, a sign-up page displays. You can sign up for a license or free trial of Barracuda Forensics & Incident Response on that page.
As mentioned above, when viewing the details of an attack, you can click Search for Similar Messages to open Forensics & Incident Response to locate incidents similar to the one you are currently viewing.