The Barracuda CloudGen WAF provides proven application security and data loss prevention for your applications on Microsoft Azure, including:
- Detecting and blocking attacks including SQL injections, Cross-Site Scripting, malware uploads, and volumetric or application DDoS.
- Authentication and access control allowing organizations to exercise strong user control.
- Scanning of outbound traffic for sensitive data, with admin control of masking or blocking information to prevent data leakage.
- Built-in load balancing and session management, allowing organizations to manage multiple applications behind a single instance of the Barracuda CloudGen WAF.
To meet a variety of performance requirements, the A1, A2, A3 and A4 instance types are supported. Depending on the instance type, you can have:
- Up to 8 vCPU.
- Up to 14 GB of memory.
The Barracuda CloudGen WAF for Azure is available with the Bring Your Own License (BYOL) and Hourly / Metered option.
Bring Your Own License (BYOL)
With the Bring Your Own License (BYOL) option, you are required to get the Barracuda CloudGen WAF license token, either by:
- Providing the required information for a free evaluation at https://www.barracuda.com/purchase/evaluation OR
- Purchasing online at https://www.barracuda.com/purchase.
With this license option, there will be no Barracuda CloudGen WAF Software charges, but Microsoft Azure usage charges on Microsoft will be applicable.
BYOL Models and Instance Types
For BYOL, Barracuda offers four models. The table below lists each model, the corresponding Instance Type to be used in Microsoft Azure, the default CPU and Memory for the instance.
If you want to increase the performance of a license that you have already purchased, you can buy additional cores from Barracuda and reconfigure for a larger instance type.
|Barracuda CloudGen WAF for Azure Model||Supported Instance Type in Microsoft Azure||Default vCPU||Default Memory|
|Level 1||D1||1||3.5 GB|
|Level 5||D2||2||7 GB|
|Level 10||D3||4||14 GB|
|Level 15||D4||8||28 GB|
You can add multiple Barracuda CloudGen WAF instances under one cloud service and load balance the traffic between the deployed instances to increase the throughput. For more information on load balancing, see the Load Balancing For Clustered Barracuda CloudGen WAF Instances in the Old Microsoft Azure Management Portal article.
Hourly / Metered
With the Hourly/Metered licensing option, you complete the purchase or evaluation of the Barracuda CloudGen WAF entirely within the Microsoft Azure gallery. After the instance is launched, it is provisioned automatically. You are charged hourly for both the Barracuda CloudGen WAF Software and Microsoft Azure usage on Microsoft.
Hourly / Metered Model and Instance Types
For more information on supported instance types, Default vCPU, Default Memory and Hourly pricing, refer to Barracuda Web Application Firewall Pricing Details.
If you want to increase the performance of an existing VM, configure it with a larger instance type on Microsoft Azure and you will be charged accordingly by Microsoft. The VM will automatically be reconfigured by Microsoft with the resources and capabilities of the larger instance type.
OR for instructions on installation and configuration in the Classic (Old) Microsoft Azure Management portal..
- Continue with Deploying and Provisioning the Barracuda CloudGen WAF in the New Microsoft Azure Management Portal for instructions on installation and configuration in the New Microsoft Azure Management portal.