After you install the Barracuda Web Application Firewall, activate Barracuda Energize Updates and other applicable subscriptions to fully enable the appliance and let it continue to receive the latest updates to all virus, attack, and security definitions from Barracuda Central. The Barracuda Energize Updates service downloads these updates to your Barracuda Web Application Firewall on an hourly basis.
To activate your subscription status:
- At the top of the page, click the link in this message warning you that you must activate the Barracuda Web Application Firewall:
- On the Product Activation page, fill in the required fields and click Activate. A confirmation page opens to display the terms of your subscription.
- If your Barracuda Web Application Firewall cannot communicate directly to Barracuda Central servers, note the Activation Code displayed on the confirmation page.
- Return to the Barracuda Web Application Firewall administration interface and go to the BASIC > Dashboard page.
- In the Subscription Status section, verify that your subscriptions are Current.
- If required, enter the Activation Code from step 2 and then click Activate.
It can take a few minutes for your current subscription statuses to display. If your subscription statuses are still displayed as inactivated, click Refresh in the Subscription Status section.