Perform the following steps to schedule automated configuration backups to an SMB server:
- From the ADVANCED > Backup page in the Automated Backups section, select SMB from the Server Type drop-down list.
- Specify values for the following:
- Server Name/IP – Enter the Network Basic Input/Output System (NetBIOS) name IP address of the SMB server that will receive the automated SMB backups.
- Port – Enter the port number for the SMB server. The SMB port can either be 139 or 445.
- Username – Enter the username to authenticate to the SMB server.
- Password – Enter the password to authenticate to the SMB server. Note: The Barracuda Web Application Firewall uses these credentials (Username and Password) to connect to the SMB server.
As a best practice, use a unique account for this integration point and grant it the least level of privileges required, coordinating with the SMB administrator. This account requires READ and WRITE privileges on the SMB server only for the specific path you indicate in the next field (Folder/Path). For additional information, see Security for Integrating with Other Systems - Best Practices .
- Folder/Path – Enter the shared folder on the SMB server where you would wish to save automated backups. Note: The Barracuda Web Application Firewall is able to connect only to top-level shared folders. The value should be preceded by a slash (\) and cannot contain spaces or special characters.
- Backup Schedule - Select the check box next to each component that is to be backed up. Select the day of the week (or Daily) and the time of day you would like each backup to run.
- Backups to Keep – Set the maximum number of backups to keep on the remote (SMB) server at any one time. When this limit is reached, the oldest backup set will be removed to make room for the newest.
- Click Save.